You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have totally lost my iTunes account, 

had to reformat my computer and start a new one.

What can I do now?

Your account is tied to whatever Apple ID & password you created -- it is not specific to the iTunes Store or the Mac App Store ("MAS"), which are two different stores selling different products.

Erasing or reformatting your Mac's hard drive will not affect that -- as long as you remember the Apple ID & password you used to make MAS purchases, you just need to do as MEB suggested in his first reply & sign into the MAS with them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

R C-R, 

Like I said before 
I lost the iTunes ACCOUNT.

Apple wasn't able to restore it.

Now, I feel like I paid for Affinity software, and I should be able to download a new copy.

This is no longer an iTunes problem.
It's a problem with Serif and Affinity.

I paid the bill for Affinity Photo as an early adopter,
then recommended their software to professionals,
and now, I'm being left with nothing.

I only want what I paid for.
Not excuses "It's an iTunes yada yada..." 

BS

Again, the Mac App Store ("MAS") is a different store from the iTunes one. Usually, accounts for both are tied to the same Apple ID, but not always.

Even if you erased your drive, as long as you know the Apple ID & password you used to make purchases at the MAS (which may or may not be the same as what you use for iTunes Store purchases), you should be able to launch the App Store app (from the Apple menu on your Mac) & under the "Store" menu item in that app choose the "Sign in" item. Try entering that Apple ID & password. If it is rejected, try the "I forgot" link, or if necessary go to iforgot.apple.com to reset your password.

If that doesn't work, I suggest you use the Mac App Store Support link to contact Apple about this. Serif/Affinity has no control over this -- for what should be obvious reasons they have no access to users' Apple IDs or passwords or any way to reset or restore them. In fact, they don't even know who bought their (or any other MAS vendor's) apps. All purchase verifications are done through OS X, which checks for a valid receipt file in the app's Contents > _MASReceipt folder that is tied to the purchaser's Apple ID before allowing the app to run.

Unfortunately, if you have forgotten the Apple ID you used for MAS purchases, even Apple may not be able to help you. These days, as you may be aware from the news about Apple's disputes with the FBI, they have become even more circumspect about what private user info even they can access.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7