You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Am trying the trial Affinity Photo.  Two hours and I can't figure out how import a photo into this software.  I have searched through the tutorials and none seem to give me the directions to importing pictures.  I shoot in raw and am pounding my head against a brick wall.  Why isn't there a tutorial that starts from the very beginning r than starting on complex subjects?  

I need a step by step procedure! 

• Staff

Hi Joe D,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Photo doesn't import/manage photo libraries. It's a RAW converter/developer and photo editor, so while you may have more than one document opened you can only edit one  at a time.

To open a RAW file go to File ▸ Open and select the RAW file you want to open from the dialog.

Or you can utilize Preview, a free app from Apple. I use it all the time, I shoot raw, upload to my desktop then open as many as 100 raw photos at a time, I go through them and decide which one I want to deal with in Affinity Photo.

BTW, apple' default is Photos, once you insert a card, Photos will open it.

But Preview is a great tool, you can open and edit PDFs, and export PNG files with transparency with alpha channel for web or video editing.. Preview is a Swiss Army knife. It has multiple uses.