You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

café – web comic test

giantlobsterprd

Okay so this is a test frame for a web comic I'm working on - the backgrounds are Cinema 4D, the character is Affinity Designer and the whole thing has been comped and adjusted in Affinity Photo. There will be a lot more of this, once I've got the environment nailed down.

---

Dan Robinson  |  Giant Lobster Productions Ltd

Web: giantlobster.uk

Instagram: @giantlobsterprd

"Art is never finished – only abandoned." - LdV

Lovely work on both the character and environment, Will keep an eye out for the full comic when your done :)

Just a little thing but I'd suggest taking some of the glow out of the white fluorescent tube, I couldn't see it was a tube until I saw the reflection on the counter - but then I know nothing about Cinema 4D so feel free to ignore me.

Yeah you might have a point there, it's a tricky balance where you want to create enough light to colour the environment, but not so much that it dominates the scene.

Lighting is always a bugger.

---

Dan Robinson  |  Giant Lobster Productions Ltd

Web: giantlobster.uk

Instagram: @giantlobsterprd

"Art is never finished – only abandoned." - LdV

I'll say this Dan: your work never fail to impress me! This just screams BBC3, think Bizarre ER and World's craziest fools.

The best example of using 3D and 2D in animation is Paddington. Where the protagonist is a 3D and everything else is 2D.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111