ios

Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer support the ICC-RGB-Profiles version 4 and version 2

Hallo all together,

I wanted to know if Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer support the ICC-RGB-Profiles version 4 and version 2. Therefore I opened a PDF test document in Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer, that  I found on the webpage of the International Color Consortium (http://www.color.org...ion4html.xalter). I was very surprised having to take note, that neither in Affinity Photo nor in Affinity Designer the color for both version 2 and version 4 were displayed correctly. So my question is if the two programs really don't support these ICC-Profiles or is the incorrect displayed color caused by my preferences.

Many thanks in advance for answering.

IOS, I'm glad you brought this up.  Leigh, thank you for go further with this .icc profile subject.

Kind Regards,

David4

Thank you Mike Naylor, for suggesting this again.

Kind Regards,

David4 

So, our apps already support version 2 & 4 ICC colour profiles. For example, the Display P3 ICC profile is a version 4 profile and it works fine with our apps.

It appears that our apps are stripping the colour profiles from images within the PDF when imported. I will log this issue with our developers.

For what very little it is worth, I mentioned this back in February in the topic Support for ICC v4? but at that time there was no explanation of what caused it. It is nice to see that the cause apparently has been identified ... & that it only affects PDF imports?

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

For what very little it is worth, I mentioned this back in February in the topic Support for ICC v4? but at that time there was no explanation of what caused it. It is nice to see that the cause apparently has been identified ... & that it only affects PDF imports?

Not sure why Darren didn't reply to your thread back in Feb, sorry :(

I'm pretty sure it's the PDF import causing the issue. When I hear back from the Devs I will reply to this thread.

Darren did reply but no potential cause of the issue was mentioned. I'm totally OK with that -- the level of support the staff offers here is much better than any other company even tries for, so it is completely understandable & not unexpected that occasionally some item is going to fall through the cracks.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2