You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inpainting brush and wacom

There has been a new problem introduced with the 1.4.2 version that did not exist in 1.4.1.

Although it works ok with a mouse, the inpainting brush has too much lag with a wacom intuos pro.

Mac Pro 3,1, OSX 10.8.5, 24Gb, radeon 5770.

• Staff

Just tried this with an Intuos tablet and I couldn't see any difference in speed between the MAS and Beta version. I was using the latest Wacom drivers too.

Do you get lag when using your mouse?

Hello Leigh,

No, it has no lag when using a mouse (wireless) but I get quite a few seconds lag with the wacom so it is unuseable. I have the recommended driver for OS X 10.8.5, I do note there is a later driver but states it is for 10.10.

I can boot into 10.11.4 (el capitan) so I'l try that with the newer driver. Unfortunately I have too much legacy apps to run full time in el capitan so it seems for the moment I will have to continue with v1.4.1 for the most part.

Hello again,

How frustrating, just tried el capitan and latest wacom driver.... it works fine but as I said with the amount of legacy stuff it would cost me a small fortune to upgrade everything (in particular display profiling software and colorimeter costs) it looks like, at least for now, its back to 1.4.1 and probably worse still ps cs6.

PS. Besides I find the look of the post Mountain Lion (mavericks to el capitan) stuff ugly and frustrating to work with.

Hello Leigh,

I have just installed a PCIe SSD and a clean install of OS X 10.8.5 ( this thing is fast, just a couple of seconds for startup) but when I installed the wacom driver 6.3.15-1 the restart took an age. I then tried AP and as before lots of lag (just with the in painting brush). I then uninstalled the wacom driver and startup was really fast again which pointed to a wacom driver problem. I then reinstalled the older 6.3.11-3 driver and performance was restored. Then tried AP (1.4.2) again and hey, all is well.

Don't ask me why, it has just been a matter of trial and error, and if I had not been installing a new drive it might have still been an unsolved mystery, a bit like the days of scsi (1990s) even when the length of cable (sometimes just a few cms.) would cause a system to fail.

Anyway, thankfully, I am back in action with AP. If I figure out the problem with the driver or if there was something else that conflicted I will post again.

Many thanks for your interest.

Les.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.