You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

is there a way to distort an object using an envelope, and/or some kind of perspective tool? I’ve just got to something that would benefit from that, and I can’t find a tool for it.

I rather suspect that it’s not there - if it isn’t (and isn’t on the To Do List), can I put in a request for it to be added? Thanks.

• Staff

A a perspective tool is not on the feature roadmap, right?

Not added before 2.x, right?

For Designer it will have to work with vectors so it will work slightly differently than the Perspective tool in Photo, it falls under mesh warp/distort tool on our Roadmap. Anything on the Roadmap should be added before 2.x :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

For Designer it will have to work with vectors so it will work slightly differently than the Perspective tool in Photo, it falls under mesh warp/distort tool on our Roadmap. Anything on the Roadmap should be added before 2.x :)

C

Thanks, C. Totally confused. Matt told us that the perspective tool does not fall under the mesh warp/distort tool on his feature roadmap. And yes, Designer was the topic.

:unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure: …

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Amazing to find that there's no warp or envelope tool.

Came to realize this in the heat of trying to complete a rush project that needed a simple warp in the text.

The vocabulary used to express said realization wasn't fit for reprinting here, except to say that I'd reckon a warp/envelope feature might be a priority for any serious design tool.

Hope it shows up soon.