You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export and colours - what went wrong?

Hi,

I have exported a PDF-file with Designer and as you can see in the screenshot the colours look faded. Why?

It is a CMYK document and the ISO Coated V2 300% Profile. Export settings are the PDF-X4 preset as you can see in the screenshot, too

Thanks!

post-15446-0-72077400-1463409155_thumb.png

Your screenshots don't show the document profile.

Which profile have the placed images?

The background is not placed it is directly drawn in AD.

Document settings see screenshot

post-15446-0-47342000-1463413506_thumb.png

I think, there are 2 issues:

• The background image is not opaque but has slight transparent regions.If you place a white rectangle behind it, it will look slightly different, but more, as it will print later on.

• The main problem: Affinity Designer makes heavy mistakes while rendering the document into PDF: The background image is "modified" by using a HSL-layer. This obviously causes mis-rendering during output. If you first rasterize "Hintergrund" and export the PDF after having done this, all seems correct.

I think, there are 2 issues:

• The background image is not opaque but has slight transparent regions.If you place a white rectangle behind it, it will look slightly different, but more, as it will print later on.

• The main problem: Affinity Designer makes heavy mistakes while rendering the document into PDF: The background image is "modified" by using a HSL-layer. This obviously causes mis-rendering during output. If you first rasterize "Hintergrund" and export the PDF after having done this, all seems correct.

Thanks a lot! Curiously I have not tried this bevore while the adjustment layer also makes other problems with pdf export (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/20405-ad-pdf-export-and-adjustment-layers/)