You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is driving me insane. None of the brushes (blemish,inpaint etc) work! I create a new layer (Pixel), and I try to use Blemish brush and it does nothing. Yet the blemish brush works on my Locked background original layer! WHY? Why won't it work on the Pixel Layer I'm trying to designate for brushes, yet my LOCKED background it works. So frustrating!

Hi Smokey, welcome to the forums.

Those tools you mentioned, they require some image data to work on, they won't do anything when used on an empty layer (nor will they work on an adjustment layer etc, just pixel layers containing image data). Additionally, if you insert an image, you may also need to rasterise it for those tools to work.

Perhaps for your workflow you might want to Duplicate layers and retouch copies of the background layer? Cheers, Dale.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Got it! and har har har JimmyJack. I noticed it "Corrected" to bushes when I came back to check and respond. I appreciate the joke!

Dale, Thankyou! I figured it out not long after I posted. "Duplicate" layer is needed to do any brush touch ups. So far the program is really nice, even s a novice to this. I've figured most out already, just need to hone in on the skills. Thanks again!