You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HSV does not display correctly

I'm a bit disappointed to see that the HSV option in the HSL Adjustment hasn't been fixed in this release of Photo on the M2 Mac. or iPad

iPad Mini 6.  256GB. My GoTo design platform.

M2 Mac Mini. 24GB. LG 4K Monitor. + Samsung Monitor 2.

Windows 10 Toshiba. Windows 11 Parallels on Mac.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS. FCP, DaVinci, CapCut, Luma Fusion. etc.

@Affinity-Inspiration on YouTube.

• Staff
7 minutes ago, Affinity-Inspiration said:

I'm a bit disappointed to see that the HSV option in the HSL Adjustment hasn't been fixed in this release of Photo on the M2 Mac. or iPad

What issue is this, please? There are a few open issues regarding HSV so I'm not exactly sure to which one you are referring to.

7 minutes ago, Chris B said:

What issue is this, please? There are a few open issues regarding HSV so I'm not exactly sure to which one you are referring to.

Thanks, It's now in Designer Beta as well as Photo Beta, and of course Photo Release. Mac and iPad both. Designer Release works. Beta now doesn't.

HSV Luminosity (Value) option isn't working as it should. I'm sure it actually shouldn't be called Luminosity, but Value too?

This is what it should look like. Black is removed to Lighten the Value. This is done with the original Release Designer. V2.4.2

Screenshot2024-05-14at15_21_05.thumb.png.c330642fa76a57dde16053401892ddad.png

This is what Both Designer and Photo Betas look like now. The only one working properly now is the Release Designer. V2.4.2

Screenshot2024-05-14at15_17_17.thumb.png.f4fd4ac041660c5f46b053e746da4a02.png

iPad Mini 6.  256GB. My GoTo design platform.

M2 Mac Mini. 24GB. LG 4K Monitor. + Samsung Monitor 2.

Windows 10 Toshiba. Windows 11 Parallels on Mac.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS. FCP, DaVinci, CapCut, Luma Fusion. etc.

@Affinity-Inspiration on YouTube.

• Staff

@Affinity-Inspiration

I believe the issue here is Metal.

Can you try going to Preferences > Performance and disable Metal compute and change to Software and see what results you get.

I've logged the incorrect label showing when HSV is enabled and requested it says Value Shift as opposed to Luminosity Shift.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

The issue "[Win] When HSV is enabled, Luminosity Shift should be Value Shift" (REF: AF-3072) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.6.0.2519".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.

• Staff

The issue "[macOS] When HSV is enabled, Luminosity Shift should be Value Shift" (REF: AF-3145) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.6.0.2519".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.

• Staff

The issue "[iOS] When HSV is enabled, Luminosity should be Value" (REF: AF-3146) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.6.0.2519".