You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I do a lot of design, photography and website work. One of the things I run into a lot are needing specific page sizes for various websites or designs. In photoshop I would be able to create a preset for a image size that I could go back too, and not have to remember the dimensions of. For instance, creating slides for a website slideshow. Some may be 800 x 600, and another website would have one that is 900 x 300. Is there a way that I can save those presets in the drop down list when creating a new project in Affinity Photo so I can have it labeled "Tom's Website Slideshow" so I know which preset it is? It would make it a lot faster than having to go back and lookup what the size parameters were for each website.

Thank you 

I do a lot of design, photography and website work. One of the things I run into a lot are needing specific page sizes for various websites or designs. In photoshop I would be able to create a preset for a image size that I could go back too, and not have to remember the dimensions of. For instance, creating slides for a website slideshow. Some may be 800 x 600, and another website would have one that is 900 x 300. Is there a way that I can save those presets in the drop down list when creating a new project in Affinity Photo so I can have it labeled "Tom's Website Slideshow" so I know which preset it is? It would make it a lot faster than having to go back and lookup what the size parameters were for each website.

Thank you 

Have the same problem any one can help ?

• 1 year later...

Hi there.

It's been over a year since last comment here and we still don't have that option. Please do add it asap. A lot of us simply need it and adding like 10 lines of code should not be that difficult. I'm sick of typing page size every time I need it - I rarely use standard formats that you included. We do with your software more that you expected I guess :).

Why not just save blank Affinity files with names like "Tom's Website Slideshow" in the sizes you want.

If you keep them all in one folder, or several, you can load Tom's Website Slideshow, resave it with your current work file name and that's it. It will be whatever size you previously saved it in. You could even save it with Tom's logo, address and a few notes included to save you looking for it or setting it

Not perfect but it would save you having to remember and would hardly take any longer than loading from a preset. These features are all very nice but software programmers can't always provide every single option to hold our hands.

In the old days, before defaults and presets (and colour TV ;) ), that's how we used to do it.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 5 months later...
On 5/14/2016 at 8:07 AM, tnormandin said:

Thank you 

This gets my vote as well! Please add it.

Any news on adding this feature? It would be so great if this could be added as a set of page defaults we can set ourselves.

**********************************************************************************
Partner at www.printfx.co.uk - Low cost printing at great prices!

**********************************************************************************

As @toltec has pointed out, you can save blank (or nearly blank) pages for use as templates, and then simply load the one you want and resave it under a new name.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

As @toltec has pointed out, you can save blank (or nearly blank) pages for use as templates, and then simply load the one you want and resave it under a new name.

I think we must be too old fashioned Alfred.

If there is not a button to do something, we start running off trying to find a way round it. I have a folder full of different page sizes now. Messy :(

10 minutes ago, toltec said:

I think we must be too old fashioned Alfred.

Yes, I think we must be!

10 minutes ago, toltec said:

If there is not a button to do something, we start running off trying to find a way round it. I have a folder full of different page sizes now. Messy :(

Is that really any more messy than having a dialog full of different page sizes, the vast majority of which we will never use??

Alfred spacer.png

10 hours ago, Alfred said:

Thanks, But this won't really help me, as I usually have artwork supplied by my customers which need to be adjusted by a few mm. (so having the preset, I could quickly and easily amend the document the customer has sent me to the size format that I require). 

I'll continue manually typing the numbers for now then... 

4 minutes ago, leethomas said:

Thanks, But this won't really help me, as I usually have artwork supplied by my customers which need to be adjusted by a few mm. (so having the preset, I could quickly and easily amend the document the customer has sent me to the size format that I require). 

Oh, OK, so you're really looking for a page style preset that you can apply to the current document, rather than a template from which to create new documents. (I presume it's the artwork, not the customer, that needs to be adjusted by a few millimetres!)

Alfred spacer.png

7 hours ago, dutchshader said:

you could use macros for this, record a crop and save with "Tom's Website Slideshow"

That is a good workaround but it would be better if user presets could be saved

I started a thread that expanded on this but is not getting traction (which is fine - lets support this thread)

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/49655-user-defined-presets/#comment-248966

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

56 minutes ago, leethomas said:

I suppose it depends on what format the artwork is that they send you, but could you not "Place" the artwork into a preset page, rather than open the artwork and then adjust it?

On 11/11/2017 at 8:17 PM, Alfred said:

Oh, OK, so you're really looking for a page style preset that you can apply to the current document, rather than a template from which to create new documents. (I presume it's the artwork, not the customer, that needs to be adjusted by a few millimetres!)

I'm still fairly new to Affinity. But yes, a Page Style Preset sounds about right..

... sometimes the customer needs to be adjusted by a few MM too, as well as the artwork! ;) hahah 

On 11/11/2017 at 8:54 PM, Rick G said:

That is a good workaround but it would be better if user presets could be saved

I started a thread that expanded on this but is not getting traction (which is fine - lets support this thread)

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/49655-user-defined-presets/#comment-248966

Thanks Rick, I will check this out! :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/4/2018 at 3:02 PM, jhnthyn said:

It appears to be a feature of the Affinity Publisher Beta, so hopefully it will make it into Designer and Photo.

Annotation.png

Let's hope so! Thanks for keeping us all posted. 

• 3 weeks later...