You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can we have different Affinity adverts on YouTube videos? (split)

How many video adverts does Affinity have please? Is it just the one?

I watch YouTube and from time to time an advert for Affinity comes on, always Hey Hey and fast moving images.

Oh for a gentle Affinity advert with someone gently painting a watercolour picture, not speeded up, not fast moving, and some gentle harpsichord music.

Is this the right thread for this question?

William

_________

MOD EDIT - Split from here.

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

7 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Is this the right thread for this question?

You can see some relevancy with a thread regarding information about Affinity's joining with Canva?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

6 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

You can see some relevancy with a thread regarding information about Affinity's joining with Canva?

It looks like a moderator has already split the post from the original thread (there’s a ‘(split)’ suffix on the title which might not have been there when you replied, or it might have been split before you posted your reply), but that’s a good question, even though I think I can see the road the discussion will be taking.

• Staff

Thanks for your feedback @William Overington!

Just to confirm, we have split your post from the Canva acquisition announcement thread as I do not believe this is the best place for it, though I have made a note of this in your original post above, in order to keep the context of your questions.

Instead I will be moving this thread to the Feedback section of the Affinity Forums, as although not a specific request for the apps themselves, I feel this is most suitable place for your post.

1 hour ago, William Overington said:

How many video adverts does Affinity have please? Is it just the one?

I'm not personally involved with the marketing team often, but as I understand it there are usually multiple Affinity adverts online at once - some will be 'targeted' ads based on your browsing habits, some will be more generic ads that are shown to a wider audience.

These adverts are usually changed/updated often, but during periods of increased marketing pushes (such as during a sale) you may see these adverts more frequently.

1 hour ago, William Overington said:

always Hey Hey and fast moving images.

Oh for a gentle Affinity advert with someone gently painting a watercolour picture, not speeded up, not fast moving, and some gentle harpsichord music.

I'll be sure to pass this suggestion though to our team internally, but our marketing team rarely post on the forums so I would not expect direct feedback to your suggestion here - I hope this helps :)

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

I'll be sure to pass this suggestion though to our team internally, but our marketing team rarely post on the forums so I would not expect direct feedback to your suggestion here - I hope this helps :)

Thank you.

Perhaps such an advert will pop up on YouTube while I am running My Mix.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

I have been trying to think how a video could advertise Affinity Publisher.

With Affinity Designer there could be various adverts, each showing someone drawing something, different artwork in each advert, with different background music in each advert, watercolour with harpsichord music, line drawing with some ragtime, abstract with colourful filled shapes with some jazz, an oil type seascape with an instrumental version of Beautiful Dreamer. So several adverts and an occasional additional one so that people would look out for them.

With Affinity Photo could there be someone out with a mobile phone, gathering a photograph, in a house loading it into a computer, adding some effect and printing it out and then placing the framed print on display on a wall in the house.

Yet for Affinity Publisher?

William