You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Compatibility with Suitcase Fusion...

After an exchange with support from Extensis, I got word that if enough people ask for Affinity Designer support, they'll consider it. So consider this a call to action. Because to truly make cracks in the Mudhouse's (i.e. the big red A) monopoly, those of us who dare to ... ahem... work different, need to make a wee bit o' noise. 

I think that if enough of us AD/AP users politely ask Extensis about supporting Affinity products, we just may get it. Then when Affinity Publisher (or whatever it ends up being called) rolls out, the trinity of Affinity products could very well have some nifty font support. Not having auto-activation for fonts via Suitcase Fusion is a bit of a drag (have to manually turn on the fonts...you know that drill), so this does engender a bit of hope.

Considering the Windows version of AD is a-coming, the time could be right to make some fuss about getting Suitcase support in AD. 

What do you think?

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• 2 years later...

Sorry for resurrecting this topic, but now it's more relevant than ever.

I think this is a great idea, so anyone who is an Extensis customer or is thinking about purchasing Suitcase Fusion, please contact them: https://www.extensis.com/contact/ and let them know that we really need font auto activation for Affinity Designer / Photo / Publisher (and the rest that comes). Using Application Sets is not a viable option.

I just did that. Let's create some momentum.

Branding, Identity Design, UI/UX Design.    |    https://whitex.design