You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

avo

Another sketch vectorisation. This girl is quite nervous but if you keep in sight her upper part of the body - she might look normal. If she want, she could work in shop, for example. Or on TV - bringing you hottest news. But she actually likes all things evil. And harsh environments...

post-12202-0-12318200-1463040786_thumb.png

Follow me on Dribbble

https://dribbble.com/g-avoyan

It reminds me of some old tarot cards illustrations. My grandma used to have one of those decks at her house. I remember spending hours just looking at those scenes. Congrats man, super cool!

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook

• Staff

It reminds me of some old tarot cards illustrations. My grandma used to have one of those decks at her house. I remember spending hours just looking at those scenes. Congrats man, super cool!

I thought a similar thing!

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Yeah, this kind of graphics is one of my inspirations. I love the mystic look of old engravings, folk art, stuff like that... 

Follow me on Dribbble

I like it and the homage to Pamela Coleman Smith (artist of that Tarot deck that Insecto mentioned). The one thing that bothers me is how the tail knots up. It just knocks me out of the picture and doesn't visually "follow" because of the flat illustrative style and especially with the abrupt color change. IMHO, that knot could just be removed and the curve of the tail between the beginning of the knot and the ending be continued. If one looks at pictures of snakes moving, they don't knot up. It seems that knotting only happened when two snakes encounter each other. And by continuing the curve, it echoes the curves of the background better and thus makes the illustration seem (to my eyes at least) more whole and harmonious without losing that engraving look that you have done so well. 

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

I like it and the homage to Pamela Coleman Smith (artist of that Tarot deck that Insecto mentioned). The one thing that bothers me is how the tail knots up. It just knocks me out of the picture and doesn't visually "follow" because of the flat illustrative style and especially with the abrupt color change. IMHO, that knot could just be removed and the curve of the tail between the beginning of the knot and the ending be continued. If one looks at pictures of snakes moving, they don't knot up. It seems that knotting only happened when two snakes encounter each other. And by continuing the curve, it echoes the curves of the background better and thus makes the illustration seem (to my eyes at least) more whole and harmonious without losing that engraving look that you have done so well. 

Well i have to think about this. Thanks for your advise ;)

Follow me on Dribbble