You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a document with 5 artboards. I want to select 2 - the front and back of a flyer - and print them back to back. On the Scaling and Artboards dropdown on the print dialog, I can see the individual artboards but not how to select 2 at once. 

When there were only 3 artboards in the file, I got around this by selecting Entire Document and setting the page range to print pages 1 - 2 but if I try that now, there is a whole lot of extra white space showing on the pages. The document prints only the top snippet of each page, and this is positioned right at the bottom of the page. 

Do I have to export the artboards to pdf first? Any other ideas how to do this from AD please?

• Staff

Welcome to the forums BrendaW :)

The issue is that artboards are not treated as individual pages when printing. You can either print all artboards or individual artboards. Hidden artboards still take up space on the page even though they're not visible. There are a couple of things you could do to print in the order you want:

You could export your pages to PDF and then use another app to print in the order you want. Alternatively, you could copy the front and back artboards and paste into a new document and then print. You then need to copy the other 3 artboards and paste into another new document and print.

Thanks for the welcome Leigh! I've found other Serif forums to be friendly places - glad to see that applies here too!

Thanks for confirming my workaround. I was expecting this to be possible within AD but I eventually gave up on that and did exactly what you've suggested.