You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Am I the only one asking for a file import system across the range of Affinity applications…  C'mon Affinity! Give us a nice neat filing system for imports, one that seamlessly uses both file metadata and embedded keywords to search for images. Manages a common file system (whether Mac or Win) of media in a number of folders in a semi-rigid way and renames imported filenames on import to correspond to its predesigned workflow. Duh!

techworkspro_v4_300x80.gif.1b0b1c7df511aeb341fc0dbba972a9bf.gif

MBP 2017, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, (Trial) Publisher

iPad Pro, iOS 12, Affinity Photo, Designer

https://techworkspro.com 

Hi Techworks Pro,

We are creating DAM software in the future but we don't have an ETA just yet!

C

Yes. I heard this previously, Callum. :D  

I think it's been almost a year now (heard at the intro to your Affinity Photo). Just wondering about time line b/c there's been lots of new product development at Affinity, just not this segment (Digital Asset Management is what I assume you mean by DAM). Is it not  enough of a WB (whiz-bang) product for you?

Whizzy or not, it's what would make the product(s) useful for me and tie it together so I can make the break from your competitors' finicky, outdated and frankly, overly-expensive software. If you are going to have a go-to product line, this is, IMO what you need to make it so. Thinking that I'm not alone in this request.

Hope it's soon!  :wub:

MBP 2017, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, (Trial) Publisher

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Unfortunately, there is no movement at Affinity to provide a DAM product in over two years. As to DAM software there are several that I've investigated, FYI.

The gamut of combo products is slowly diminishing. Of the combo to Photo and Video software types that offer ingest, file management, basic and middling advanced processing, output still and video aspects there are:

• Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (the elephant in the room, IMO). 
  • Photo Supreme (latest 30 day trial) is way less about processing and much more on the DAM side (by the consensus of users with an opinion). They offer plug-in which allow functionality of the editing/processing via other apps directly from within the program. May be better than nothing. Check their forums
  • Capture One. If you have a specific camera (notably Sony still equipment) there may be a discounted version of this product for you. The app limits the use of certain other types of camera products so not to compete with their own camera products. Don't know about you but I find this practice horrible.