You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello

New to Affinity Designer.

I'm working on a MacBook Pro 15" with Retina Display. My artboard is set to the iPhone 6 device preset and I am viewing at "Actual Size". I'm using the "Pixel (Retina)" view to test what my designs will look like on the device.

My designs appear pixelated.

Surely viewing at actual size on a real retina display would give retina quality?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

AB14

In al truth retina is less quality then a lot of other pcs of which ur mac is a pc. I dont beat around the bush I tell it like it is. Just like any system the bigger the picture when set at a certain size aka if it where 1024 X768 that is size not resoution contrary to what people have been taught.Hence if it streched ti anything BIgger it will look blocky..This will happen on any system..Also,there was a design flaw in webplus still there. The first hybrid graphic meaning graphic over text in a website tended to be pixelated  no matter what. TIll you rerendered like 5 times till sundayThen I would save that correct version ,and rename it to the number or name that webplus wanted when the website was finalized thereby no worries.  The bug is still in webplus x8. That is what could be happenig in your software, by the way.