You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where the.afphoto images were saved?

Hi,

I'm a new user/comer here.  :) When I first opened the A-Photo, I downloaded the "Dreamer" simple for learning but couldn't find where it was saved... it wasn't in Download folder and searching it didn't get any result. 

Any help please? Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Charty,

Click on the cloud icon on the bottom right of the samples (a red cross appears - to cancel the download if needed - the download has started). You can follow its progress trough the white outline around the image. This may take a while since some images are big once the download is complete you can click the thumbnail of the sample to open it within the app :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

The example files you can download from the Welcome screen are stored in a subfolder in /private/var/folders/. "var" is the location the system uses for variables, which means items stored there are managed by the OS & may be deleted as needed, for example on restarting the computer.

If you want to save any of these files to a more permanent location, use Save As after opening them & choose some location in your user domain.

Tip: to see where any file open in Affinity is stored, choose "Reveal in Finder" from the file menu.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 7 months later...

In Windows, the files are located in "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Samples"

They have the extension .afphoto. Double-click the files to open them in the program. If you want, you can move them to a more convenient location.

Normally, the AppData folder is hidden, so you may need to unhide it to find the files.