You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Soft proofing before sending to printers

Having downloaded a printer/paper profile from dscolour lab, I am now stumped asto how to add it to the list of profiles available in the soft proof options.

Hope some one can give me step bye step instruction.....

Sam3

I suggest you go to the upper left area of your display, click on go and drop down to the computer.   While there, hold the option key and library will show up.   Find your colorsync folder and drag your profile into this folder.  You will need to restart Affinity Photo.

Cheers,

David4

Mike Nayler said it.........disable the soft proof.   I did not do that for weeks, till I finally understood what was meant.   Does not make sense when that's not the way it's done in  PS, or even Gimp.

Sorry Guys, you have lost me......

I have found the soft profile option under adjustments, but need to add a paper/printer profile supplied by dscolor labs,to the list that appears when I open soft proof.

Need idiot proof step by step instructions please

• Staff

Hi sam3,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1. copy or move the profile file you just downloaded to Macintosh HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles. Note the name of the icc profile - it may help to find it in the list.

2. start (or restart if it's already open) Affinity Photo

3. add a soft-proof adjustements on the top of the layers stack (Layer ▸ New Adjustment Layer ▸ Soft Proof Adjustment)

4. select the correct profile from the profiles list