You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Raw to Jpg conversion and resize

• Staff

Hi reddave999,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

When you open a RAW file in Affinity Photo it opens automatically in Develop Persona (the third icon below the traffic lights). This is where you develop/convert the RAW data into an image. After you develop/adjust the image and click the Develop button (on the top left of the interface), Affinity changes to Photo Persona (first icon below the traffic lights), where you can edit the image as is usual in a photo editor using selections, masks, filters etc. Here you can also resize the image/document going to menu Document ▸ Resize Document.... or while exporting the image to JPG or other format going to menu File ▸ Export. The Export dialog also displays the Estimated File Size (on the bottom) for the settings you choose for the export.

For more info on exporting check this video tutorial.

• 2 years later...
On 5/5/2016 at 6:40 PM, MEB said:

Hi reddave999,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

When you open a RAW file in Affinity Photo it opens automatically in Develop Persona (the third icon below the traffic lights). This is where you develop/convert the RAW data into an image. After you develop/adjust the image and click the Develop button (on the top left of the interface), Affinity changes to Photo Persona (first icon below the traffic lights), where you can edit the image as is usual in a photo editor using selections, masks, filters etc. Here you can also resize the image/document going to menu Document ▸ Resize Document.... or while exporting the image to JPG or other format going to menu File ▸ Export. The Export dialog also displays the Estimated File Size (on the bottom) for the settings you choose for the export.

For more info on exporting check this video tutorial.

Hi, I have a problem. When I develope RAW and it's opened in photo persona, I want to resize but there is already information that image has 72 dpi. I want min 300dpi. Does it mean that when I increase to 300dpi from 72 I will lose quality?

• Staff
1 hour ago, Silver Wizard said:

Hi, I have a problem. When I develope RAW and it's opened in photo persona, I want to resize but there is already information that image has 72 dpi. I want min 300dpi. Does it mean that when I increase to 300dpi from 72 I will lose quality?

Hi @Silver Wizard,
No. You can change the dpi to the value you want as long as you don't resample the image. Make sure the Resample box is not ticked in the Resize dialog.

• 1 year later...

Hi to everyone,

in 2020 is it possible to export 10/20 RAW directly to JPG with Affinity Photo as I can do with Camera RAW?

When I shot some pics for eBay a rapid conversion will be so appreciated.

Is there any update about this issue?

Thanks for your kindly answers

Marco

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Poohbear said:

Thank you MEB but I did as you suggested but got a drop down advising  it could not be done the file could not be found.

A which point  did you get this message? Were you working on your active image?

You can combine resizing with changeing the dpi. Do this in the order specified:

1. Select your image. 
  2.  Select Document > Resize document.
  3. Change the dpi (ensure Resample is ticked).
  4. Change the width or height to suit.
  5. Click OK.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630