You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Additional Graphs

Currently, Affinity Photo provides only a histogram graph for analyzing the image - this is in line with most photo software, but there are much more useful graphs which are commonly found in color grading software used in video work, which are no less useful when examining photos - and all of them are more helpful than the histogram.  These include the waveform diagram, vectorscope, and RGB Parade.  It would be nice to have these available as options in addition to just the histogram (though I will admit I'm not quite sure as to whether a CMYK Parade would be graphed right-side-up or upside-down due to the subtractive nature of the color system...)

Hi,

scopes are available in Affinity Photo, just click on view-studio-scopes. There is just one thing missing: the skin-color-line in the vectorscope. The parades in CMYK-mode are the same as in RGB. Affinity seems to convert the document to RGB for display in the scopes.

Hope I could help!

Chris

Wow - I completely missed that...

Agree that the skin tone line would be a nice addition to the vectorscope whenever someone can get around to it... but the RGB Parade is the big one I wanted for use in Affinity - and there it is!

Also, can the scopes be resized?  It seems to be a fixed-size square no matter how wide I make the palettes.  If not, I guess that should be on the request list :-)

Thank you!