You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting to EPS — how to do that??

Hi. I made simple art in Designer to try work with it, all looks ok. Exported to EPS and getting rejection on Shutterstock "Clipping Mask Issue -- Please apply clipping mask or edit EPS file to match JPEG crop.". Ok, I opened the file in Illustrator and saw that clipping mask is absolutely not the same what I can see in Designer. . . And what should I do here? I can't understand it by myself. How can I show this small area in Designer and increase it, and crop all geometry that is away of the screen???

I am tied trying to use your software in work. Terrible export in all of your products.

post-18436-0-37371400-1462172786_thumb.png

post-18436-0-78089700-1462172789_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi bodich,

You may want to uncheck View ▸ View Mode ▸ Clip to Canvas so you can see the difference, before applying those steps. Basically we are adding a rectangle to be used as a clipping mask so disabling Affinity Designer Clip to Canvas will let you see the effect of the rectangle being used as a clipping mask, otherwise seems you haven't done anything.

1. draw a rectangle (square in this case) with the same size as the canvas with both Fill and Stroke set to None.

2. then select and drag the five first groups - click the first on top in the Layers panel then press ⇧ (shift) and click on the fifth - over the rectangle layer you just created (not over its thumbnail but over the area on the right to clip them)

3. export to EPS as usual

The rectangle you have created will be converted to a clipping path when opened in Illustrator.

Hi bodich,

You may want to uncheck View ▸ View Mode ▸ Clip to Canvas so you can see the difference, before applying those steps. Basically we are adding a rectangle to be used as a clipping mask so disabling Affinity Designer Clip to Canvas will let you see the effect of the rectangle being used as a clipping mask, otherwise seems you haven't done anything.

1. draw a rectangle (square in this case) with the same size as the canvas with both Fill and Stroke set to None.

2. then select and drag the five first groups - click the first on top in the Layers panel then press ⇧ (shift) and click on the fifth - over the rectangle layer you just created (not over its thumbnail but over the area on the right to clip them)

The rectangle you have created will be converted to a clipping path when opened in Illustrator.

Wow, really intuitive software))) Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi bodich,

Honestly, this method works terrible and when I am importing eps with correct artboard to Designer I have not any rectangles! Just make normal Artboard feature in next Designer to get always what I see and to have ability not to check every time in Illustrator Designer's export bugs.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.