You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DAUB Pigmento - 84 Natural Media raster brushes

paolo.limoncelli

Hi!

Pigmento is a set of 84 raster brushes carefully handcrafted for digital painters
Designed for Affinity Photo and Designer, this set offer natural media look and feel. AcrylicsGouachesOils and more with expressive colour dynamics and tablet responsiveness to speed, pressure and direction.

Now updated with DAUB Spatula set (12 new tools for Paint Mixer Tool) and a new classification: you'll find them in different categories, hopefully now it should be easier to spot the correct tool!

Check this video for a quick sample!

This set is fully compatible with Windows and iOS Version of Affinity.

This is a quick concept done using one of the included tool, to show the colour dynamic and blending features.

Some Tips

DAUB Grunge Acrylic 4

This is a brush that creates nice textures with a glaze effect and continuous tone modulation using pen pressure.

You can use it as a pure cover changing the blending mode to Normal.

Do you know that with Pixel tool presets if you press CMD key while painting you can erase using the same preset?

Get it here

I'll improve these tool with free updates, so if you want those please add your real email to the purchase page.

Happy Painting!

Paolo

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Tried to download them paying with paypal but the website would pop up the new paypal tab and accept my password and then just not charge me anything after hitting buy, proceed or whatever it says in english and also not send any mail....

I´ll use credit card but strange overall so I wanted to let you know.

Paypal works fine for me apart from this website.

• Staff

Hi MBd,

That also happened here. You must have to accept some terms/conditions allowing the use of your PayPal account for future payments to Gumroad first. Only then the transaction can be completed.

So the first time you try to pay, it will open a new browser window - sign in in your Paypal account there and proceed to accept the terms (you may have to enlarge the window to see the whole thing and the button to accept them) - then continue the purchase process.

Amazing set Paolo :)

With that music in the video I was expecting a monster truck painting for a beer commercial. ;-)

Looks pretty slick Paolo.

Are all of these different than the freebies you've already graciously shared with the community? Just checking before I go and grab 'em.

With that music in the video I was expecting a monster truck painting for a beer commercial. ;-)

Yeah! Love to make these weird matches...  :lol:

You'll find in this set the Robot Painter too (shared before), but it is the only selection I shared.

All brushes are brand new.

Excellent! Looking forward to having a play! Great work as usual. I am  glad to see you charging a very reasonable price for your work. I know this stuff takes a lot of work to create. I don't use many media brushes, but I am going to purchase these anyway just because I think you deserve a few dollars for your work and for all the free stuff you have given this community!

Thank You!

Yeah! Love to make these weird matches...  :lol:

You'll find in this set the Robot Painter too (shared before), but it is the only selection I shared.

All brushes are brand new.

Awesome work Paolo, I've been playing with these all morning and they are great. So many options!

I am curious to know the reasoning behind the different brush icons for each on the right hand side in the brush panel. I assume that you should select those types of brushes in the tool panel? Blend is obvious, but there are pixel brush icons in there too. How different is this then just using the normal paint brush tool?

Also, and I know this is an Affinity level request, but it would be great to be able to favourite the ones you really like or even better create a new panel of just your fav brushes. With so many choices it's getting tricky remembering which ones you like. A good problem to have.  ;)

Thanks again.

EDIT: just noticed you saying above that you will be adding some tips and description, sorry I should just read things before spouting off sometimes... :D .  Look forward to it.

I am curious to know the reasoning behind the different brush icons for each on the right hand side in the brush panel. I assume that you should select those types of brushes in the tool panel? Blend is obvious, but there are pixel brush icons in there too. How different is this then just using the normal paint brush tool?

Gray ramp threshold of nozzles.

This is the last preset (Simple Flat Bristle 4)

pixel_vs_paintbrush.png

As you can notice the Pixel one (first) is crisp and the impasto effect pretty visible.

The second one is done switching to common Paintbrush, and seems still wet and the effect a bit subtle.

I usually mix both solutions.

Moreover, as I wrote above Pixel Tool with CMD key pressed switches to eraser, retaining the same preset, this is a simple stupid feature that speed up things a lot and keeps style consistent.

geez Paolo, I think that I'm just gonna stick with one app to do my comic painting in (not AP) and you just draw me in with your amazing brushes. And a sale price, no less. I would've bought it at full price as they are that good! I'll be playing around with them, for sure in my off moments when I'm doing a spot drawing for my webcomic or graphic novel. 

I've gotten a number of brush sets from you and have yet to be unimpressed!

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Gray ramp threshold of nozzles.

This is the last preset (Simple Flat Bristle 4)

pixel_vs_paintbrush.png

As you can notice the Pixel one (first) is crisp and the impasto effect pretty visible.

The second one is done switching to common Paintbrush, and seems still wet and the effect a bit subtle.

I usually mix both solutions.

Moreover, as I wrote above Pixel Tool with CMD key pressed switches to eraser, retaining the same preset, this is a simple stupid feature that speed up things a lot and keeps style consistent.

Cheers Paolo, you're some kind of brush genius. Glad I asked.

• Staff

Hi evtonic3,

I've used Paypal to buy them. You must have to accept the terms/conditions allowing the use of your PayPal account for future payments to Gumroad first. You may need to enlarge the small browser window after login in in your Paypal account to see the whole terms page and the buttons to accept them. Only then the transaction can be completed.

Having fun with these Paolo. I really like the Pigmento sponge, it has a nice and soft buttery feel and the command key eraser is awesome!

Just some fun shapes here. I'll be trying to combine more of a vector and pixel workflow in my work going forward. With designer there's no more excuse not to. ;)  

post-305-0-09751400-1462727577_thumb.png

post-305-0-47942800-1462727634_thumb.png

• Staff

Having fun with these Paolo. I really like the Pigmento sponge, it has a nice and soft buttery feel and the command key eraser is awesome!

Just some fun shapes here. I'll be trying to combine more of a vector and pixel workflow in my work going forward. With designer there's no more excuse not to. ;)  

That looks awesome!!! :)

Great Kevin, it is exactly the effect I meant to reproduce.

This is the perfect assist for the tip of the week!

pigmentoSponge.jpg

Pigmento Sponge is something between a chalk and a sponge, with a slow build-up effect for overlapping tones.

You can use it tapping with your nib or stroke as you did.

Nozzle is nothing special here, but there are custom ramps for HSL and you can notice a luminosity variation with pressure too.

The painterly effect is a bit digital, but very pleasant.

I use it as a concept tool, to roughly add volume to shapes.

There is a small surprise too...

If you double click it and go to Texture, you'll find a canvas texture embedded that is None by default.

Turn it to Nozzle and you have a further variation of this preset on a cloth canvas!  ;)