You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

color management No one has responded to this post I did, Feb 26, 2016. I would request MEB, or Allan, or someone respond.

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:27 AM   

No one has responded to this post I did, Feb 26, 2016.    I would request MEB, or Allan, or someone would  respond.

My goal in my workflow requires me to reproduce original art, as close to the original as is mechanically and chemically possible.   

I personally create .icc profiles for the Epson Pro 9900 printer and substrates, my professional display,  and Canon EOS 6D camera.

With LR 6.5, as well as with RPP 64, what I adjust in RAW looks pretty much the same in tiff.  Adjustments are minor.

Not so in AP.   I can adjust RAW in AP to appear as close to the original art as possible.    In RAW I choose develop assistant, and make sure no changes will come about with the choices.  Take no Action.  Meaning I don’t want curves or exposue bias affecting and anything else messing with the RAW file.   Adjust the image file as close to the original art as possible and ‘develop’.

Go to develop and all looks well. However, choosing soft proof, I am back to making large adjustment, again!   So. back to the adjustments.  

Seems there is no point in making adjustments in RAW.   

I know RAW has quite a latitude for adjustments.   

Am I tossing the RAW adjustments to the wind?

In advance, I thank all, MEMBERS and STAFF, for assisting me.

Have have made AP my workflow application.  At times, I will also use RPP 64 for my RAW converter, and AP for the balance of the workflow.  Printing is done with Printao 8, an application from LSI.

And I thank everyone for such a good job on developing  AP!

Again, put full genuine color management in Affinity Photo.

Cheers,

David

David,

What specifically do you expect soft proof to do, other than to provide a simulation of how the print (or other output) would look with the chosen output profile so that it can be manually adjusted to best compensate for the differences between the display profile & the (typically much more limited) output profile?

As an unrelated aside, why do you sometimes include the Like This, Quote, & other web site links in your posts? (They just generate permissions errors, so they are of no use to us.)

Edited by R C-R

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

As an unrelated aside, why do you sometimes include the Like This, Quote, & other web site links in your posts? (They just generate permissions errors, so they are of no use to us.)

It looks to me as though David clicked and dragged (but dragged too far) to highlight his earlier post for copying and pasting, instead of simply using the 'Share Post' icon_share.png icon in the top right-hand corner to create a link like this.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)