You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've opened pdf ( Created in AI) in Afinity and tried to work on the file. 

I am power user of Adobe but decided to check out both programs (and bought full licence for both). 

I am struggling to work with AD as when I have some layer selected in the artboard, I am almost unable to find it in Layer Panel (I keep scrolling and Scrolling) 

It is not like in PS when you select layer it automatically show it in Layer panel. 

Is there any magic trick? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks, 

Marta 

• 1 month later...

Hi Advanced Member,

I cannot find my layer panel in AD.  How can that happen?  What can I do to correct it?  I am about ready to uninstall the program and reinstall it.  Do you think that this would help.  I am using a Mac Power book MacBook Pro, (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 and 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Whipman,

You may have missed it but MEB replied to you about this in the changing modes topic & Sean P replied to you in the Layer management issue with Wacom Intuos 4 one.

When there are new replies to a topic you have posted to, you should see a red circle next to the second icon below the forum title bar (the one that looks like an outline of a person) with the number of new replies. Click on that icon & a popup list of the most recent topics will appear so you can click on one of them & go directly to the most recent post.

It is a handy way to see replies you might otherwise miss.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi Advanced Member,

I tried to do what you suggested. When I did, I clicked on the option for "Find in Layers Panel", and the menu disappears without revealing the Layers Panel.  Have you ever heard of this before?

Are you saying the Layers Panel was hidden when you right-clicked on an object?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi Whipman,

The Find in Layers Panel will only locate the object in the Layers panel. It doesn't display the Layers panel if it's hidden.

To display the Layers panel go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Layers.

If for some reason it doesn't work go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Reset Studio.