Hi!

Today icon fonts are a de-facto in UI design and there are tons of libraries available.

It would be very useful to have a glyph palette or studio to list them all for quick&dirty usage in projects. 

Just a simple grid should work.

Pick or double click to insert them in a text object.

I know you love to do things "the very Serif way" so candies such as CSS escape code or hex code label for each character should be a well praised feature!  :)

Cheers!

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Just want to support this idea. Glyphs palette is necessity. Not just because of the icon fonts. Every serious (professional) designer needs full control on all the glyphs in any font.

Yep... I'm not really in Typo/DTP design but I agree with you.

+1

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

It would be very nice to be able to choose even other font styles (Bold, Italic...) not just "Regular/Normal".

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

+1 - And of course be able to convert the glyphs to curves / shapes.

AD 1.5.1.43   /  AP 1.5.0.45

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  -  Intel i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz  -  nVidia GTX 970 4GB  -  32" Monitor 2560x1440  -  32 GB Ram

Hi Paolo,

I know. Just wanted to bring it up in case they implement it in a different way...

BTW I purchased your brush sets for both AD for windows and Clip Studio Paint, great job I really like them. Thanks!

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  -  Intel i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz  -  nVidia GTX 970 4GB  -  32" Monitor 2560x1440  -  32 GB Ram

Hi Paolo,

I know. Just wanted to bring it up in case they implement it in a different way...

BTW I purchased your brush sets for both AD for windows and Clip Studio Paint, great job I really like them. Thanks!

Thanks Robert!  :)

Just wanted to bring it up in case they implement it in a different way...

What do you dislike about the way it's implemented now, Robert?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Alfred,

Sorry if I did not make myself clear. The way it's done now is fine with fonts and characters. Converting characters to curves is a nice source of additional design elements. If a new glyph panel is set up, besides using the glyphs in text, they are an excellent source of shapes for use in designs. Just wanted to ensure that, however they are implemented, they could be converted to curves.

Hi Alfred,

Sorry if I did not make myself clear. The way it's done now is fine with fonts and characters. Converting characters to curves is a nice source of additional design elements. If a new glyph panel is set up, besides using the glyphs in text, they are an excellent source of shapes for use in designs. Just wanted to ensure that, however they are implemented, they could be converted to curves.

I guess that since these are chars you would use a text field to place them, so all available text manipulations will be available automatically maybe?

Form text along a curve up to curves extraction...

It is a font by the way.

The representation of available glyphs is a visual shortcut that helps to avoid ASCII or other tricky direct input methods: double click and you're done.  :)

Hi Alfred,

Thanks, Robert. Yes, it would be great to have a glyph panel, and having selected a shape from there it would indeed be important to be able to convert it to curves. (I can't imagine it not being implemented that way, but what do I know?)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)