Sign in to follow this  
brianrivet

Leading Control Not Working with Text Imported from Photoshop

Hi,

I'm running Affinity Designer 1.4.1. I have a file I am working on that started as a Photoshop CC2015 psd file. I opened it in Designer and all of the layers etc. carried over. I have a text block that came over as frame text, and when I try to edit it, I can change the font, I can change the font size, the weight etc. but when I try to change the leading, nothing happens. In the original file the leading was set to 24pt. I can change the value in the drop down for leading, but nothing happens to the type itself. It only seems to happen with the type block I brought in from Photoshop though. If I create a new text frame in Designer and add text to it, I can change the leading with no problem.

I just wanted to let you know in case this is a bug. I am new to Designer, so it could be user error, but I don't think it is.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

and welcome here …  :)

You might want to check if that seemingly strange behavior is caused by a Leading Override value set on the Character Panel. Hope that will make the “bug” go away …  :)

Cheers, Alex

post-1198-0-16940300-1461740757_thumb.png

Hi Brian,

Alex is on the money there. It caught me out when I first started using Affinity. If you change the Leading Override to Auto you can continue using the Leading on the Context Toolbar for that paragraph should you wish to hide the Character Tab again.