You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The singer (the girl) and the songwriter (the old man); probably from some minor European country...Macedonia/Albania/Bosnia.

This is their entry to this year's Eurovision

Key ingredients to this entry are as follows, a sad ballad about a young widow who hasn't got over her beau's premature demise, during some military skirmish: it will include a series of non intelligible lyrics (la la la, na na na etc) and will be instantly forgettable when Norway's entry comes on afterwards. 

As for the song title...Sweetness and sorrow: or something like that. :wub: +  :(  

Think of Falco's song - Jeanny (RIP Hans), a song in three parts that describes the feeling of a mysterious man holding her dead body and he is overwhelmed with greif.

...now imagine a poor imitation of it: that's like comparing ABBA's ballad Fernado to Brotherhood of man's spin Angelo.

Waddya think?

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the lyrics; as the song was half German/half English...I've decided to translate and interpret the rest into English...it's quite dark and was meant to be ambiguous.

Track:Jeanny

Artist: Falco
Album: Falco 3

Jeanny, come on, come on
Get up - please, you're all wet
Already, late - we gotta get out of here.
Out of the forest, don't you?
Where is your shoe, you've lost it,
When I had to show you the way
Who's lost? You, you?
I, me? Or we or us?

Jeanny, quit livin' on dreams
Jeanny, life is not what it seems
Find a lonely little girl in a cold, cold world
There's someone who needs you
Jeanny, quit livin' on dreams
Jeanny, life is not what it seems
You're lost in the night, don't wanna struggle and fight
There's someone, who needs you, babe

It's cold, we have to get out of here, come on
Your lipstick is blurred
You bought itand I've seen it
Too much red on your lips and you said:
"Don't make me!"
But you were seen though, eyes say more than words
But you need me, hmm?"
Everyone knows that we are together, as of today
Now I hear them! They come
They will come and get you
They will not find you
No one will find you, you're with me

Jeanny...

Newsflash: In the last few months the number of different people has dramatically increased. The recent publication by the local police authority, reported another tragic case. It's a 19 year old girl, who was seen most recently...fortnight ago. The police do not rule out the possibility that a crime may have been committed.

Jeanny, quit Livin' on dreams
Jeanny.

You bought it, and I've seen it. Now this sentence is really important as the term bought it can also mean copped it/snuffed it, basically died.

So did he say "I saw that lipstick that you bought" or "I witnessed your death, as you died in my arms"  or even more controversially "I saw you die, it was my fault. I didn't mean to kill you." You decide...
Edited by peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111