You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exif data not showing on image

Hi All

Relatively new to Affinity, haven't used it much since buying on the strength of a trail to create a panorama. Easy to use and creates easy panoramas with very little editing needed of the image after merging.

My question is that where does all the Exif data go? I created a pano from 5 shots all of which had their individual Exif data present. The resultant one image had all of its data missing. Now I've had this issue previously with other software but all the camera details were retained only the date and time were blank so that was easy to rectify.

Is this a 'design feature' of the app or am I missing something? Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi pauls

Thanks for the pointer, hadn't found that one, but I have now and the option is ticked. However it made no difference there is still no metadata attached to the image. I have tried 2 different export formats (jpeg & tiff) but have the same result, no exif data.

The 5 images used to create the panorama have their individual exif data, but when combined in File>New Panorama all the exif data is lost on the resultant  image.

Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Hi pauls

Hopefully below are 3 images. The first two are individuals that are included in the panorama, while the third is the actual panorama. I have included them as jpeg images as the originals are in raw and are some 75mb in size and the panorama is in tiff at 340mb, which I thought would be too large to post. 

Hopefully these will help you, but feel free to ask for any other info.

post-23603-0-02707300-1461656513_thumb.jpg

post-23603-0-91804600-1461656519_thumb.jpg

post-23603-0-65559600-1461656529_thumb.jpg

• Staff

I'm still getting some exif info in the stitched panorama using those 2 images and that's using the same version as you. Maybe you could copy the corresponding raw files here

At an outside guess it may be worth ensuring that you have deleted the trial version and also when you run up Affinity Photo hold down the control key to do a full reset.