You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, before I buy Affinity Photo I would like to know if this programm also works on the iPad Pro.

If I look into the Appstore I just find an app for €14,99 but that's a tutorial.

I like to draw, just hobby, not an artist. Is it possible to draw at the iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil and switch over to the iMac and work at the same drawing?

I've seen a lot of tutorials at your site and this programm looks well. At the moment I use Photoshop at the iMac but this is not available for the iPad, just PS Fix and PS Mix. These are for editting photo's, not for drawing.

Hi YvonneW,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently Affinity apps are only available for OS X (Mac).

The iOS versions for iPads are in development and will be launched later.

Thanks for the answer! I was walking thru the site and saw the Disigners programm.

As I said before, I like to draw at the computer with pencil and bruhes.

Is this a possiblility in Disginers or is this only vector related? (I saw some amazing stuff in the videos.)

I think those progamms, Photos and Disigners are different to each other, that's why I hesitate.

And at last: if there is an iPad version in the future, will it be a stand alone or can you buy it as a packeged?

• Staff

Is this a possiblility in Disginers or is this only vector related? (I saw some amazing stuff in the videos.)

I think those progamms, Photos and Disigners are different to each other, that's why I hesitate.

And at last: if there is an iPad version in the future, will it be a stand alone or can you buy it as a packeged?

Hi YvonneW,

You can draw (using pencil, brushes etc) in Designer too. It includes two brush engines: one vector based (in Draw Persona, still relatively basic - it will be improved in the future) and another raster based (in Pixel Persona already very capable similar to the one you find in Affinity Photo). Both applications support pen tablets - like those from Wacom (in OS X) - and will support the Apple Pencil on iOS.

Affinity Designer is geared towards illustration, graphic design, web/ui design, while Affinity Photo is a RAW converter/developer and photo editing/painting app. There's a ten days trial available for both applications in Affinity's website if you want to give them a try.

Currently i don't have enough info regarding how we will sell the iPad versions. It will still take a some time until iOS versions become available.

Thanks for the info! I use a Wacom tablet and stylus at my Mac and now I have an iPad Pro (12") and an Apple pencil.

Unfortunately Photoshop doesn't work with the iPad, I have to buy Astropad for it.

I think I'll wait until Affinity Photos and/or Developers will be available in the Appstore to see if it is working well at the iPad too.

Thanks again for your quick response.

• 3 weeks later...

I really think that until affinity designer works on both the mac and ipad it is an incomplete solution. Right now I'm working with affinity designer on my mac but have to use a different app to draw on my ipad. To be a complete solution, affinity designer really needs to be on both platforms.