You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export default file name

A typical work cycle (i) apply changes to a drawing (ii) switch to export persona (iii) select slice (iv) overwrite exported myDiagram.pdf, back to (i). Given that this is done over and over again and that the exported file generally remains the same, I find it sub-optimal that the export file dialog always has "slice1.pdf" as default file name. If I called my file "myDiagram.pdf", it would like it better if affinity remembered that name and presented it as the default option next time the window appears. Would that be an option?

Hello alexal,
If you are going to be exporting the same slice multiple times then you can rename Slices from Slice1, Slice2, etc…  to something more appropriate as the default name for each Slice in the Slices panel, in much the same way as you can re-name a layer.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

• Staff

alexal,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can also enable Continuous on the bottom of the Slice panel in Export Persona to re-export the slices automatically every time their content changes. Note that this checkbox only becomes available after you click Export Selected and select a folder to where export/update the slices.

• 2 weeks later...