You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Persona Changes File Type

I'm running into an issue in the Export Persona at the save location Finder window where the file type always changes from that specified in the settings. It occurred when exporting a PDF and it forces a PNG. Also, in a totally separate file, it forces a JPG from a PNG export. It occurs in both Designer and Photo.

Using the generic File > Export seems to work okay but in the PDF document I'm getting terrible defects on the Outer Glow effect similar to this topic

I thought it may have been a bug on my iMac but I tried the same thing on my MacBook with the same result. So I don't think re-installing the apps will correct it. Am I doing something wrong with the settings? My other thought is my files are buggy.

post-2483-0-50317200-1461344497_thumb.png

post-2483-0-08096000-1461344510_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi anthony.t,

I have been unable to replicate the export issue that you are having can you please press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application from Launchpad then select Clear in the dialog that will appear.

This will reset the app and will clean any leftovers/conflicts that may exist, if this does not resolve the issue please let me know.

Thanks DWright. I did your suggestion but I think I actually figured out what I was doing wrong.

In the Export persona, I selected all the export settings I desired, then in the layers tab, selected all artboards and clicked created slices. Switched over to the slices tab and exported each slice from there.