You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I live in an area where my internet connection is intermittent and I have repeatedly tried and tried downloading a sample only to get a timed out download error resulting in the download to start back to zero...  Could you please provide an external link to the samples?  It would be so much appreciated!

Maybe I'm missing something but if the problem is an intermittent internet connection, how would downloading the files from another source improve things?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I can forward receipts, I bought Designer & Photo, I may be part of a tiny minority of people with poor downloading capabilities but having a link would save us a lot of grief and I really look forward to being able to see an actual sample.  If it's problematic in making such a link public then maybe forward a temporary one to those with proof of purchase?

I still don't get what you mean by external link or how that would help, with or without a download manager. Everything uploaded to these forums is uploaded to Affinity's servers, so what would this "external" link point to?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Sorry if I'm not being clear, by an external link I mean having an actual URL pointing to the sample files that I can click via a browser so that my download manager can take over (e.g. http://www.overhere.com/thefile.zip ),clicking on the welcome screen icons within Photo or Designer doesn't allow the download manager to take over since the download manager is browser based I guess, by external I mean "outside" the software's welcome screen, it could be a link from within this forum or wherever the Affinity team wants it to be, am I really that confusing? Lol.

Metshu,

Apologies for my being so dim witted. When you said "samples" I thought you meant the files uploaded here, to the forums. Yes, I know your title said "Welcome Screen Sample" but somehow that just did not register in my tired old brain until now.

Affinity Photo 

Hi Metshu,

Sorry the delay replying to your question.

These links are not public as you know and i'm not sure i can provide them publicly.

Just let me know which sample (s) you want to take a look and i will provide you with a link to get them via PM.

Sweet!

Metshu,

Apologies for my being so dim witted. When you said "samples" I thought you meant the files uploaded here, to the forums. Yes, I know your title said "Welcome Screen Sample" but somehow that just did not register in my tired old brain until now.

It was Friday, end of the week syndrome, happens only to the very best of us ;)

• 1 year later...

Hello!

Are these samples downloaded on my Mac? If yes, to which folder?

I would like to be able to delete them myself manually to make sure I am not filling my HD with samples.

Thank you!

Miss C

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 20.01.58.png

36 minutes ago, miss_c said:

Yes, I did download the Selene sample.

Where can I delete it?

On a Mac, you can use the File > Reveal in Finder menu item when any file is open in AD or AP to open the Finder window containing it.

However, for the sample files this will show a sub-folder location deep in /private/var/folders/. The contents of that folder are emptied every time the Mac is restarted (it is a feature of the Mac OS) so you really don't need to worry about deleting it. Additionally, you may find it difficult to delete files in this location manually depending on the OS version & the permissions of the folders enclosing it.

Affinity Photo