You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik Collection will not work since today.

Part of the problem may be that you need to check the "Allow unknown plugins to be used" (Vervendung "Unbekannter" Plugins erlanben) box in preferences so that "unknown" plugins will appear in the Filters > Plugins submenu.

Also, searching these forums for "plugins" or "Nik" will show you a lot of topics about which Nik & Topaz plugins work with Affinity Photo, how to get the (now free) latest version of the Nik collection, etc., for example:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/19469-nik-collection-denies-access/?hl=nik

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/19182-google-nik-collection-is-now-free-for-everyone/

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Verwendung "Unbekannter" Plugins ist angehakt. Ich habe die Plug-Ins komplett deinstalliert und danach neu installiert. Leider ist das Problem geblieben. Auch eine Deinstallation und Neu Installation von Affinity Photo hat das Problem nicht behoben. Ich habe die Probleme wie es scheint erst seit 10.11.4..

• Staff

Hello Onlymac,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You must first uninstall the Google Nik Collection using the uninstaller app provided with the Nik Collection Installer DMG.

Download and install the latest version (now free) from here (v1.2.11).

Install in your Photoshop plug-ins folder as usual. Your previous config is correct but you also have to enable Allow "Unknown" plug-ins to be used.

Then Close the plug-ins config dialog and restart Affinity Photo.

It should then work as expected without the But/Demo dialog appearing.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Marco63,

Your mega.nz link says encryption key needed to see the file.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Marco63,

As MEB said above, if you installed any part of the Nik collection prior to March 24th, you must first uninstall it. Then download & install the free version using the link he provided.

Have you done that?

Affinity Photo 

Marco63,

As MEB said above, if you installed any part of the Nik collection prior to March 24th, you must first uninstall it. Then download & install the free version using the link he provided.

Have you done that?

Please, sorry for my English... Yes, I've done that and in Aperture and Photoshop it work properly. Only in A.P. shows the request

• Staff

Hi Marco63,

Do you have reinstalled the Nik Collection from scratch?

If so there must be something wrong in Photoshop Plug-ins config in Affinity Photo.

Your config should look similar to this (your Photoshop plug-ins folder path will differ a little if you are using other version):  

post-59-0-18510100-1461533123_thumb.png

Also don't forget to click on the Authorise Global button, then Authorise again in the dialog that will open.

Please, sorry for my English... Yes, I've done that and in Aperture and Photoshop it work properly. Only in A.P. shows the request

Just to be sure we understand what is happening on your system correctly, are you saying that in AP, when you try to use one of the Nik Collection plugins, you get a splash screen something like the one Onlymac showed in the first post to this topic, & it only gives you the option of buying (or entering a license code) or running in Demo mode?

If so, with which Nik plugin(s) do you see this, & what are the version numbers shown for each of them?

If this is what is happening, the only explanation I can think of is that you installed an older version of one or more of the plugins & did not uninstall it or them completely, possibly because you did not use the uninstaller provided by Google. (See the Uninstalling Nik Collection Help page for more info about that.) So it would help to know if you ever install any of the older versions. Did you ever do that?

If you are instead seeing something else besides a Buy/Demo splash screen, please let us know exactly what you do see.

Affinity Photo 

How do you get the Photoshop plug-ins to use for Affinity, when you don´t have Photoshop? (but I do have Lightroom 6.5)

You can create a folder in App folder named how you like (es. Affinity Plugin) and add it to the list of the apps during Plug-in installation. Then you will select that folder as plugin folder (I hope you understand my English) 

• Staff

Hi emeritus,

You have to create a custom folder inside the Applications folder. You can name it as you see fit. Then when installing Nik Collection you have to add a custom folder (in Compatible Host section during installation) clicking on the small Plus icon (see screenshot) and point to the folder you have created.

post-59-0-86514200-1461599371_thumb.jpg

Finally add that folder to the Plug-in Search Folders in Affinity Photo Preferences, Photoshop Plugins then click Authorise Global button, and Authorise again in the dialog that will open and check Allow "Unknown" plug-ins to be used.

Hi,

I have done what was written. Nik Collection was uninstalled (uninstaller and manual cleaning).  Affinity Photo was deleted with App Cleaner. Than I restarted the iMac. Today I installed first the Plug-Ins and Than Affinity Photo (nikcollection-full-1.2.11.dmg). And This is the result.

post-7002-0-09449100-1462120957_thumb.png

What can I do now.

The Demo is running!

post-7002-0-59874100-1462121139_thumb.png

• Staff

Onlymac,

Are you sure you have installed the latest version of the plug-ins from here (v1.2.11)

Seems you are running an older version. Can you also post a screenshot of the Photoshop Plug-in config (Preferences) in Affinity Photo? Make sure you have clicked on Authorise Global button, and Authorise again in the dialog that will open in the Photoshop Plug-ins section in Affinity Photo Preferences.

In addition to what MEB asked for, please let us know:

1. If you had installed any of the Nik collection (plugins or stand alone app versions) prior to March 25th of this year.

2. If you have any version of Photoshop, Aperture, Lightroom, or any other app that Nik officially supports installed on your Mac.

3. If you added an extra folder to the root level Applications folder prior to running the most recent Nik installer that MEB provided a link to and (using the plus button in the installer) manually added that folder to the install locations.

Affinity Photo 

• Staff

Hi Onlymac,

Only Analog Efex Pro 2, Color Efex Pro 4, Silver Efex Pro 2 and HDR Efex Pro 2 (this last one partially) from Nik Collection work in Affinity Photo. Photoshop Plug-in support is still being worked/improved, so some plug-ins do not launch or work correctly.

There's no need to have /Users/luztboettger/Library/Preferences there if you clicked the Authorise Global button.

Hi, I know what you mean!

I work since 23 Years with Photoshop on a Mac. I have used the Plugins with Affinity Photo with OS X 10.11.4 and earlier. I must rebuild my Mac while I had some trouble with the Hard drive (Partition Map and more). Last but not least I must use Diskpart from Windows to clean the Hard drive. I rebuild my Mac without using the Time Machine. All application were installed by me - manually. When I would use the Nik Collection and the Topaz Collection I became only error messages. The Drive is ok. No error occurred but the Plugins won't work with Affinity Photo. I uninstalled the plugins and affinity photo and deleted all files on Hard drive, i found. Than i restarted the Mac and installed the plugins first. Later i installed Affinity Photo. But the doesn't help. The double of Library/Pref… doesn't change anything. Before, I've selected only the Global Access (Slash).

Now I doesn't know what I can do to change the situation.

Why did you have to use Diskpart from Windows to "clean" the hard drive & what exactly do you mean by "clean"?

In general, it is best to avoid using Windows based utilities on a drive that is used as an OS X startup disk since OS X includes some unique data structures that Windows apps usually do not handle correctly. In particular, for the most recent recent OS X versions the startup drive should be partitioned with the GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition scheme & the OS X startup partition should be OS X Extended (Journaled).

Additionally, if you are using native FileVault 2 encryption, a hybrid ("Fusion") drive, or anything else that requires the Core Storage volume management system, you must use the OS X Disk Utility or a Core Storage aware third party drive utility to do repairs on the drive's partition scheme, which must be GPT.

Affinity Photo 

Hi,

The Recovery Partition from Windows 10 can't be deleted by OS X when the Partition table is corrupt. Disc Utility and other Tools can't clean the Partitions. Dispart clear The Sektor 0 and 256 and the Partition are deleted. But the fusion drive is corrupt. The Disc Utility from the Internet loaded Recovery and Install Drive can repair the destroyed Fusion Drive and Than I have the full  disc free for new Install from OS X. Through the corrupted Partition Table I was only able to use 2,5 TB from the 3 TB Hard drive. With Discpart I can use the full drive again. Apple Service was not helpful and has had no ideas to clean my Hard drive. I know which partition table was used by Apple and Windows 10. But the Tools from Apple are not able to clear the Drive.