You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Terrible export

I wrote the report already. Affinity Photo is still exporting to psd incorrect. Just different result exporting to jpg (result is similar to what I see in Photo app) and psd or png (all masks are incorrect, gaps appears where was perfect joints). Similar situation with Designer. I exported in all file formats and png is terrible — opacity gradients like shadows are ugly, eps is terrible — all objects are misplaced a bit, svg is ok). So all your apps has problems with export and I am trying, trying to use it for different operations but I must use Photoshop and Illustrator finally because I am just wasting time. Software is great, I so love it but your terrible export is making me crazy and I can't use it with another software because I can get perfect result only with jpg, even PNG is bad.

Do something with it please

Here is previously attached screen capture video to explain the problem.

Affinity bug.mp4.zip

Screenshots: post-18436-0-44075800-1450183254.png   post-18436-0-91374300-1450183280.png

PS: jpg export was bad too but now it is ok, rasterizing feature (like on video example) and another formats exporting are still terrible.

PPS: I am confused. . . When I am exporting to jpg with Export Persona to jpg, JPG file is terrible like on screenshots. When I am exporting to jpg with File-Export, image is ok. 

• Staff

Thanks for the file bodich :)

PPS: I am confused. . . When I am exporting to jpg with Export Persona to jpg, JPG file is terrible like on screenshots. When I am exporting to jpg with File-Export, image is ok. 

This is most probably happening because you're using a different Resample method when using File > Export and the Export Persona. If you set the Resample method to Bilinear when exporting from both areas the line will not appear :)

Hi pmi,

Photoshop uses Bicubic as default when exporting images. You can also use Bicubic in Affinity Photo. Just make sure to select it from the Resample dropdown when you resize or export an image. Currently there's no way to set Bicubic as the default option in Affinity Photo.

You know what?) It is serious bug, this version of software is not the beta. And it is only one way to solve it: Dear Affinity team, fix the export and make it working great like in Photoshop. Because Photo is like Mercedes with plastic wheels now. I can make cool things but getting garbage after export.

Looks like all layers are exporting separately and then combining together. It is not because of Bicubic or not, alarm! It is gaps between layers that appears only after export!!!

Really, I don't want to know the reason why it works and how. I (and anybody) want to get working app to get perfect result. Just fix it, don't tell me how you did it please!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.