You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ratation as Duplicate posibel or some different way ?

my Target is : i want to painting a Watch Dial "Index minute Scale "

Somebody know about Function - Rotation ? 

as a sample :

i want to Duplicate or Copy a painted Line ( 250 pcs ), inside a Circle with 6 Grad. The Rotation Point of this Line i want to choice my self ( Centre of some Objekt ) in this sample : Circle ! or even another one Object !

How to do please ? 

ps. in PS this Work very easy over Angle choice , Rotation point choice and Duplicate  with CMD + D !

Thank :)

• Staff

Hi JURI,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can do it using Power duplicate (menu Edit -> Duplicate or pressing cmd+J).

Here's how it works:

1. Draw an object

2. Go to Edit -> Duplicate or press ⌘ (cmd) + J

3. Transform your object as you wish (skew, rotate, move whatever). You can use the Transform panel to insert precise values and set a reference point when needed (for the rotation, whatever)

4. Press ⌘ (cmd) + J again to successively apply the transform to the duplicates

If you do a search for power duplicate you will find plenty of threads with solutions for different use cases.

JURI:

If you want to include a file in a post here, you have to use the "More Reply Options" button & both the "Choose File" & then the "Attach This File" buttons in the more options reply editor to do so.

Just dragging a file into the reply editor window creates a local (on your computer) file path reference which nobody without read privileges for your computer can access.

There is also a minor security issue if you do this, because from that file path we can see that on your Mac your user account's name is "Klangwerk2000."

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...

A - i have some Trouble with ROTATION CENTER POINT ... pls help 

My Target is to move ( rotate ) the objects over the "Center Moving Point"  that i can replace  - not a Obj Selection Center Point !

I am Attached a files how i am doing, what i  am doing not right please ?

1- Drawing a Star

2- Moving a "CENTER Rotation Point"  down 

3- Enter the exact Angle number  ( have to enter the numbers, not move over Hands )

4- The CENTER POINT is moving together with object, not a Object around the Center point ! this is wrong .

post-29870-0-10837300-1462108338_thumb.ppost-29870-0-15850100-1462108340_thumb.ppost-29870-0-28605500-1462108341_thumb.ppost-29870-0-21399500-1462108343_thumb.p

Thanks again :)

B - Problem is :

How to Lock the Object SIZE if i using the Transform ( Rescale Function ) to transform the Object Radius Size down - but NOT the Line width or Object Size ?

post-29870-0-49001900-1462109781_thumb.p

Please Help :) thanks you very much

post-29870-0-10837300-1462108338_thumb.png

post-29870-0-15850100-1462108340_thumb.png

post-29870-0-28605500-1462108341_thumb.png

post-29870-0-21399500-1462108343_thumb.png

post-29870-0-49001900-1462109781_thumb.png

Hello Juri and MEB. I want the same thing as JURI, duplicate and rotate a line multiple times. In my case I'm making a speed dial. I kind made it, by moving the rotation center of the lines to the center of the circle, than holding "shift" and rotating with the handle. The problem with this is that I can't choose angles different than 15, and if I doing as I read in another thread, by just moving with the handle without holding "shift", the result if not precise.

It will be VERY nice if there were an option to create arrays-circular for rotations and linear to create something like matrixes-where one could type the angle-or x and y distances-and the number of copies. I'm a mechanical engineer and all the programs like SolidWorks have an option like this one.

• Staff

Hi JURI,

Currently you can't use the Transform panel to apply/input values using the Rotation Centre of an object as reference. The Transform panel only works with the anchor point selector on the left (the small rectangle with nine points) of the panel. However there's a workaround to get the same result. Check this video clip (no sound).

I'm not sure i understood your second question regarding the size. If you want to scale the object keeping the size of the stroke you must uncheck Scale with object in the Stroke panel (or in the stroke's width popup in the context toolbar). 

oh Thanks MEB ! for the  A Question , this is a good idea !  

------------

Second question was : After the First step, if the Stars Objects is moving around  inside a Circle - i want to copy this all stars and paste inside a Stars Circle object ONE MORE but with smaller Radius = r 

As a Sample :

STEP  - Drawing Stars Object and Rotate around the Circle 

( distance Center Point to Ceter point of the Stars Object 50 cm  or   r=50cm ) - similar like in Video that you send to me !!!

1 STEP  -  220 Stars Objects with the Size of the "Stars Objects" = 100%  and with r=50 cm

my Target 2 STEP  -  "Stars Objects" with r=26,7 cm    and     the Size of the "Stars Objects "= 100%  ( i don't want to redraw 1 STEP ) 

i want copy the 1 STEP, paste it  and changing the (r  to 26,7 cm) without to changing "Stars Object" Size 100% 

Hope this is more easy to understand  - else i can drawing and post it my End target drawing Result. :blink: