Sign in to follow this  
David

Brochure Sweat

Eight flyers and an Brochure created in AD for a new client opening the UKs largest (I'm told) Parkour and trampoline park.

Pretty scary sending these off to print, however 15,000  booklets came back looking brilliant.

post-865-0-61183300-1461073702_thumb.jpg

Well truth be told I didn't make the logo concept....However some muppet agency made it in photoshop with stock photo textures so I re-drew it as a vector element with distressing included.

It was more a project of take on brand half way through development and evolve it into something with consistency. 

Lol, that's almost an invite to start the hunting... :)

Great job David! Glad to see more commercial work being posted. 

Thanks for sharing.

Haha thanks I'd be more happy if was payed to make laser guns and goo monsters all day but this was a fun project.

PS anyone spots a typo or the like keep it to yourself ;)

Bristol City Centre? Shouldn't that be Center? Oh wait, wrong side of the puddle.  :P  :D  :P

Fantastic job here. I wish I had more opportunities to use Affinity software. Sadly, I'm stuck with Adobe here at work.

For the booklets I exported as flat 300dpi PDFs with bleed but no marks, and imported into (sorry) Indesign to make pages then exported for print.

For flyers I exported as Hi Res PDFs with bleed and marks - I'm having very occasional issues with hole filling back inside shapes so everything is going out flat at the minute.

I opted for PDFs for the booklet because I think its the only file type that exports all the Artboards in one batch with bleed and marks??? I could be wrong.

Just to add PDF will be Hi-Res if your doc is 300DPI in the doc set up...unless you change that in the export window,

post-865-0-36982400-1461086792_thumb.png

Oh the irony of not asking for typos to be called out when I tittle the hole thread "Sweat" rather than "Sweet" thats the second time and last time I will make that typo ;)

Mmmmm who wants a sweaty leaflet?

Once again, I'm in awe of your design skills David. Such great work. Thanks for the tips on exp[ortin /printing (if I ever need to do such a thing in the future).

I do love a sweat brochure. Much better than a plain one! :p

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at eejits.etsy.com

Oh the irony of not asking for typos to be called out when I tittle the hole thread "Sweat" rather than "Sweet" thats the second time and last time I will make that typo ;)

Mmmmm who wants a sweaty leaflet?

LOL. I assumed that the inclusion of the word "sweat" was a deliberate choice to indicate the amount of hard work you put into the project! Most definitely a sweet result, anyway. :)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

LOL. I assumed that the inclusion of the word "sweat" was a deliberate choice to indicate the amount of hard work you put into the project! Most definitely a sweet result, anyway. :)

Oh uuuuuuurm of course it was ;)

Once again, I'm in awe of your design skills David. Such great work. Thanks for the tips on exp[ortin /printing (if I ever need to do such a thing in the future).

I do love a sweat brochure. Much better than a plain one! :P

George

Thanks George thats kind of you, I wish I was as good as you make out but I just pretend I know what I'm doing ;)