You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD: Copy and Pasting Artboards

• Staff

In Draw Persona, select one of the artboards in the layers panel (which is generating a slice with the wrong dimensions) then go to the Transform panel and check if the X coordinate end with decimal values.

If the X coordinate is for example 3440,5 px then the generated slice will have one additional pixel added to its width dimension. If it's an integer value (ex: 3440) then the generated slice should have the correct dimensions.

Here are two snapshots. 1) Draw and 2) Export - You'll see there is a 1 px difference. That being said. Any reason why this is happening. Im submitting stuff and getting denied because I figure that copy an artboard will paste the exact clone of the artboard.

post-28408-0-92563900-1461030151_thumb.png

post-28408-0-06024000-1461030153_thumb.png

Okay, keep in mind, I am no expert.  If I offer any advice at all, it is based upon an effort to help.  

But I did observe some things I thought might help you if I shared.

First, I did notice that the slice box is very sensitive in the export persona and can be changed very easily. 

One key point I did note was that the, "revert to auto sized" button in the context bar is active when resized.  

I would recommend you check that first.  If it is active, you resized the slice, and it can be reset by hitting that button.  

It was really easy to change the dimensions, so I could see that happening very easily, and without noticing.

If the button isn't active, then that is not the problem.

I noticed that the adjusted size of the slice is the output file's dimensions, but the original picture is not adjusted, so the output just has padded pixels in it.  It can be hard to see, especially with only 1 pixel being added to a side. 

So you may not notice a problem visually, but the modified dimension is the output.

You keep saying how only one pixel has been added. This is misleading. You are not just adding 1 pixel.

If your Width setting is adjusted by 1 pixel, that actually means 1 width segment.  In your example, if your original artboard is 1080x1920.  By having your width changed to 1081, you are actually adding 1920 pixels to the overall file.

Think of it like a spreadsheet.  If you have 1080 (width, columns) x 1920 (height, rows), if you add another column, you are actually adding 1920 cells.  And vice versa.

There may be more considerations and scenarios for this to happen.  But I can only comment on those that were apparent to me.

Good luck with your issue.