You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paste Text Style and Attributes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't appear to be a way to paste text styles and attributes. This feature would work like "Paste Style" -- but for text.

Example: you select a font, then modify tracking, vertical baseline, etc. -- now you want to apply those attributes, including font to a different text object. The "Paste Style" could be updated to accommodate the text as well. Thoughts?

Additionally, I think it would be nice if -- when a text frame is selected, but not "active" -- pressing the "enter/return" key would active the "blinking" cursor. Double-clicking works fine, but this could be a nice alternative.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Nice!!!

Does that mean it features a copy/paste style shortcut too? Cause i tend to use that much more than defining styles when designing. 

Yes, this would be a great feature that would speed up the workflow tremendously! And not only for text, but essentially for any attribute that a certain object may have. For example, in Xara Designer after you hit ctrl+c on any object or piece of text, you can then use ctrl+shift+a to apply the attributes of the copied attributes to any other object or text. It's that simple. Check the gif bellow:

QptyMfp.gif

Hi Crionis,

This also works the same way in Affinity Designer/Photo. Use ⌘ (cmd) + C to copy and ⇧ (shift) + ⌘ (cmd) + V (CTRL + SHIFT + V if you are using Windows) to paste the same attributes to another object.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that!

The only thing I can see missing is copying attributes of parts of text within the textbox. For example, if there are multiple styles within the same text box, it would be great to be able to copy a style from a single word and paste that style onto another word. But that is relatively minor. The most important thing is there! :)

• 3 years later...

Is there any update on this?  I am really struggling with Affinity Publisher not being able to paste/apply text attributes in the text box.  Please tell me if this is something that's is going to be implemented soon.