You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 2.4.0.2256 Transparency issues on MacOS

The new beta has introduced transparency issues when creating a PDF to: PDF for Print , PressReady or PDF-X4.

I've attached two PDFs, one done in 2.3, and another done in the latest beta for comparison.

2.3:

transparency_good.pdf

transparency_bad.pdf

Original sample file

Transparency.afpub

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Hi @Seneca,

This appears to be an issue with 'Advanced Features' for the respective PDF presets...

When unchecked in the 2.4.0.2256 Beta the 'obvious' export issue is no longer present for those three presets, though of course unchecking the option causes its own issues, i.e., rasterisation where you wouldn't want rasterisation..

Affinity Designer 2.5.3 | Affinity Photo 2.5.3 | Affinity Publisher 2.5.3
MacBook Pro M3 Max, 36 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5, Magic Mouse

• Staff
48 minutes ago, Seneca said:

The new beta has introduced...

Thanks @Seneca. Just to clarify, we think this was also broken in 2.4.0.2222 and 2.4.0.2240 as well, but that 2.3.1 does not do this.

By "The new beta has introduced" are you suggesting this file was exporting correctly for you using the last beta 2.4.0.2240 ?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just now, Patrick Connor said:

By "The new beta has introduced" are you suggesting this file was exporting correctly for you using the last beta 2.4.0.2240 ?

I've just checked my PDF files exported with previous beta version and indeed the problem is there.

Funny I didn't notice it then. 🙂 

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "PDF Transparency doesn't export correctly" (REF: AF-1916) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.4.0.2290".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.