Sign in to follow this  
catlover

Moveable zero-point on rulers

I am new to Affinity but I certainly like it so far.

I have 25 years experience with other vector graphic programs (windows platform).

One very handy feature I've always found (Corel draw) is a moveable zero point on the rulers.

It gives you the opportunity to take exact measurements without having to go through all sorts of click-sequences or sub-menus.

Perhaps there are other users who would like to see this feature implemented ?

That what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know-Jordan Peterson

It was suggested a couple of times... it's useful when you don't want all the time to work with relative distances :) but absolute ones.

It was suggested too the "smart object distance" (a kind of) to make easier the workflow with AD.

2-smart-guides.png

Thanks for your answer. However, judging from the picture, this is not quite what I meant.

What I mean is, from the LH corner crossing of the Horizontal and the Vertical ruler, to drag the measurement

down to anywhere the user wants the zero point ( of both Hor&Vert) to be in the drawing and pin it there.

That what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know-Jordan Peterson

Hello,

I totally agree with the need of being possible to move the zero ruler point.

Please take a moment to add the most simple request so the new version comes with a big number of improvements.

I had already asked for that during the betatesting stage, catlover.

I guess it will be implemented sometime. It should not be very hard.

Some time after two years. Seems to be very hard.  :(

The development of a time machine could be the solution. ;-)