Hi,

I'm desperately trying to export to a PDF with embedded ICC profile (CMYK in some flavour).

My document color space is CMYK/8, I have checked all the options similar to "PDF for export" in the export persona or the export menu, see first screenshot. Still, the PDFs which are created do not contain an ICC profile when I import them into inDesign (second screenshot) or when I open them in Preview.

Designer 1.4.1

I got the feeling that I'm missing something very obvious. Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jens

post-29761-0-66700500-1460708932_thumb.png

post-29761-0-11303300-1460708936_thumb.png

Das generische ICC-Profil wird nicht eingebettet. Wenn man ein anderes wie z.B. das weit verbreitete "ISO Coated V2 300% (ECI)" verwendet, dann wird das eingebettet.

The generic CMYK-profile will not be embeded. Use a specific like the "ISO Coated V2 300% (ECI)" and it works.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.13.6

Normally, there shouldn't be embedded any profiles in Print-PDFs at all. They should be stipped during output and an output intent should be used instead, so the specs of PDF/X-1a to PDF-X/3

Profiles only should be maintained, if for example a placed image uses a profile, which intentionally diverges from the output intent.

Danke, thanks! That solved the issue (but not my final problem – which seems to be more of an inDesign-case). Will try some more.