You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Publisher 2.4.0.2240 MacOS doesn't close the document and freezes when you click the close button.

• Staff

Thanks for the report Anto,

It looks like it is getting stuck in a loop, and considering the issues you were encountering with all the enabled Text Flow options, I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by the Text Flow options being applied to every paragraph in both documents causing the loop.

Did it happen for you every time (prior to you resetting your Text Flow options)? I'm not encountering it myself, even when I open the document from your other post. How many pages were in both of those untitled documents?

25 minutes ago, Sean P said:

It looks like it is getting stuck in a loop, and considering the issues you were encountering with all the enabled Text Flow options, I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by the Text Flow options being applied to every paragraph in both documents causing the loop.

This is strange because the newspaper has 20 pages with 2-3 frames on each page with the options enabled. Only one of the frames had a problem. In version 2.3.1, it worked fine. That's why it's strange.
This is to my previous post.

25 minutes ago, Sean P said:

How many pages were in both of those untitled documents?

I attached document in another thread. 14 pages each.

Regarding the freezing. I created 2 new documents, which I attached in the previous thread, inserted the filler text several times and when I wanted to close the Publisher, it hung.

As you can see in the video, the documents are not even named, because they were just created.

• Staff
17 minutes ago, anto said:

This is strange because the newspaper has 20 pages with 2-3 frames on each page with the options enabled. Only one of the frames had a problem. In version 2.3.1, it worked fine. That's why it's strange.
This is to my previous post.

I attached document in another thread. 14 pages each.

Regarding the freezing. I created 2 new documents, which I attached in the previous thread, inserted the filler text several times and when I wanted to close the Publisher, it hung.

As you can see in the video, the documents are not even named, because they were just created.

Is the 2.3.1 you're referring to the current non-Beta version? In which case it is likely that your Text Frame doesn't have all 4 flow options enabled by default (both Retail and Beta apps have different user data).

Just to confirm you have only encountered this hang once and can no longer repeat it? It could just be a one off hiccup. I've tried to reproduce by setting my default Text Frame options using your original document as a start and then making new 14 page documents and flowing filler text through multiple linked frames with 2-3 columns.

I then repeated that again creating a second document. On document close I get offered to save for both and neither hang when I say decline the save.

9 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Is the 2.3.1 you're referring to the current non-Beta version?

2.3.1 is non-beta. I just checked an old document in 2.3.1, it has 29 frames with all the text flow options enabled and everything works.