RD1976

[Fixed] pdf- & eps export: blank. .psd- & .tif export: works.

Hi all,

so far I'm really fond of Affinity Designer. However I encountered one problem:

I created a flyer, containing two image and three text elements. Nothing special.

Exporting as .tif or .psd works fine.

Exporting as .pdf or .eps however just exports blank (white) content.

Running AD on

Mac OS X 10.8.5

Affinity Designer 1.1.0

Any hint on what I might change or could try?

Hi Chris,

thanks for your reply. I did in the meantime.

The first reply came quick and asked for me sending the .afdesign file which I immediately did upon this request. However due to the file size of the .afdesign file I zipped it. This was on Oct. 13.

On Oct. 29 I resent the mail to support@seriflabs.com again with sadly no reply or reaction yet.

Also my message via Facebook yesterday has not been reacted to.

My question is:

Did you get my e-mail(s) or does the .zip attachment get blocked or not delivered?

I'm asking because a customer of mine wants his Christmas cards having made next week and I'd really, really love to use Affinity Designer instead of Illustrator this time.

To help you identifying the mails, here are the dates and subject lines from my mail account,

2014/13/10 - 17:22 CEST: Aw: Affinity Designer: pdf- & eps export: blank. .psd- & .tif export: works.

2014/29/10 - 10:21 CET: Wtr: Affinity Designer: pdf- & eps export: blank. .psd- & .tif export: works.

Please don't get my comment as "bitching" - it is not. I just want to be sure that you get the file and it wasn't blocked without me knowing it.

Thanks in advance for your help & best regards from Germany

Ronny.

This is a problem that happened when a CMYK PDF/AI file is opened and then changed to RGB. You should have received the fixed drawing last week. If not, opening and saving with yesterday's beta should also fix it. Better still would be to go back to the PDF/AI file it was created from, and start again with either the beta or the current App Store version. The problem involved the colour profiles, so going back to the original may give better colours.