You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Erase Blend Mode – Export without rasterizing

Hey there,

I have a relatively simple file that will be used to create a stencil (see attachement). Therefore, it is important to keep all elements as vector shapes. I tried to add bridges as simple lines with an erase blend mode. However, this is not supported when exporting to eps. I searched the forum for solutions and found several different approaches, however, none really worked for me…

I’d be glad if someone could tell me how to flatten those layers to seperate vector elements. (If possible while remaining the ability to edit properties like stroke thickness etc.)

Thanks in advance!

Till

schablone_1.afdesign

post-24241-0-25107500-1460648884_thumb.jpg

I am no expert at this. And assuming I understand your requirement.

For the circle and dividers.  First go through each object and Layer-Expand stroke.  This will make the stroke into an object.  

You can then select the 4 line segments, and the circle and use the subtract boolean to make a vector with 4 arcs.

You can further convert that to curves if you want to do more.

I am not sure what you want to do to the representation of the paper plane.

Assuming I understood your questions in the first place.  Good luck, either way.

Hey crabtrem and MattP,

thanks for your help!

I am not sure what you want to do to the representation of the paper plane.

Actually the same thing as with the circle. I was able to do the same thing when creating individual compounds of the paper plane and the bridges at first.

stencil.png

Thanks again,

Till