You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed lines not showing on document Affinity Designer

As soon as you make an artboard you lose your visible bleed because the artboard act's more like a page mask - hope this gets fixed???

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 10:58 AM, Dazmondo77 said:

As soon as you make an artboard you lose your visible bleed because the artboard act's more like a page mask - hope this gets fixed???

It's fixed in the current 1.9 beta on Windows. Bleed shows for the active (selected) Artboard.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

It's fixed in the current 1.9 beta on Windows. Bleed shows for the active (selected) Artboard.

Thats great news Walt - I've not installed the most recent beta, although I did notice with the previous 1.9 beta that bleed guides show on Artboards but there's still no visible bleed for the artboards contents - are you saying this is now fixed?

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 9 months later...

For my personal workflow I’ve found this actually much less important than I originally thought (the bleed issue HAD been irritating to me, too). As things are I find myself now doing all final layout stages in and exporting all my PDFs for print from Publisher. No need for Artboards (possibly) not showing bleed there as there are Pages instead which generally behave as they should – all kinds of views possible there.

As the apps are (and have always been) so reasonably priced and – furthermore – are so convincingly integrated I don't really see why NOT to use Publisher (and not Designer) for finally putting together print ready artwork. Here you've got all the visual control you need.

Using Designer just to create the (vector) assets and having Publisher as the app to do the proper layout in seems quite a nobrainer for me these days. Copy and Paste, the Assets panel and the Affinity Studio Link make it – at least for me – easy and convenient