hugaud

Bleed lines not showing on document Affinity Designer

I just dowloaded the beta version and see a blank rectangular outline around the page for the bleed space when I choose "view bleed."

How do I view the actual content in the bleed?

I just created a new document and got it to work. What could be happening with the old document?

Never mind, I got it to work by copying the page and pasting it to a new document.:-)

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 8.54.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 8.55.42 AM.png

I started with the attached pdf since I didn't have access to the original ai file.

Then, I imported the pdf into Affinity Designer. Tried to figure out the bleeds, then came to your forum comments where you mentioned that the beta added the ability to view bleeds.

So, I downloaded the beta where I could view the bleed borders, but not the content. I figured out that if I copied and pasted one page at a time, I could view the content of the bleeds. It may simply be that I don't know Affinity Designer very well that was causing me problems.

One other off topic issue I have with your products...and I now own, Designer, Photo, and will purchase Publisher...is when I choose a different tool, since the highlight color is so dark, I end up clicking several times on it thinking it hasn't been selected. :-(

Thanks!

Rack_Card.pdf

Hi sportyguy209,
Thanks for the file. Regarding the highlight colour (tools) you can try going to Affinity Preferences, User Interface section and change the UI Gamma but I'm afraid it will not help much here, sorry. There's also an option there to change to a light interface but again the contrast issue may still be a problem. What OS are you using Windows or macOS?

Thanks, I'm using macOS! Yes, the problem is with the contrast. I have fairly good vision, but the difference still isn't very apparent. AI's highlights are subtle, but still much clearer. Please consider this a suggestion for improvement. :-)

If you set bleeds after opening the PDF the graphics don't show in the bleeds. 

If you create a document and apply bleed settings first and then copy and paste the graphics into that document the graphics show in the bleed, New from Clipboard will not work because no bleeds are set during document creation, so you set them post paste and the problem rears its problematic head. 

Just done this with the file.

Note: If you take the large swash graphics outside of the Artboards they display in the bleed area so the artboard appears to be constraining the view to its boundaries. It's like it doesn't know the bleeds are there if they are created afterwards.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

and here, in 1.6.5. the bleed is not included, even using "when exporting click on the More button on the Export dialog and check Include Bleed." 

doesn't show, period

I'm stumped with the software. is extremely beautiful, has some innovative ideas, but lacks primary features and shortcuts.
not yet having an efficient bleed tool that already existed in the 90's coreldraw and illustrator seems unacceptable for a paid product.

almost three years to solve something that is not a new feature, but a deficiency of the system... I wonder how programmers work in England. If you have a one-hour journey with a tea break, you better produce wool.

let us agree sirs. in computing, you have to identify the problem and correct it. if free tools of open code, as gimp or inkscape work better than the affinity designer something is wrong.

Designer's bleeds work as expected. Check your settings.

Only bleed guides are missing and they are added in 1.7 beta.