You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Digital impressionism, sketches, random work

勉若明 勇

Hey there!

My name is Benjamin, and I just started to use the marvelous piece of software by Serif today (even though AD is a world for itself). Never did serious stuff in Photoshop, so it's kind of a double debut. I started arts 2 years ago and I still suck, so I'd love some critique. I will also use this thread to keep on publishing my work.

Cheers!

post-29629-0-61728400-1460492388_thumb.png

Hi.

I love the colours.

The few complementary highlights add very much to the composition I think. The mood is strong and goes well with the red colours.

I like the way you use texture. Looking forward to more postings. 

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

This has a revival rock festival feel to it...I can picture the likes of Gong, Hendrix and a few prog rock acts, having their names on this poster, which has been bill posted over some walls in and around Brixton, in the wee hours. :ph34r:

The colours are well balanced and it would be hard not to notice this...job done! B)

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• 3 weeks later...

So I have bought myself a second hand Cintiq from a friend and also a screen protector (which I am not really amused of). However, had time today to do some warming up sketches (5-10 mins each) with my new device and played a bit with the default brushes and stylized the portraits/facial expressions a bit. Gonna continue soon on my latest work, Harley Quinn meets digital impressionism.

VoH01Xs.jpg