Sign in to follow this  
toneloop

Chromatic aberration bug : Affinity Photo

I am following the Lynda.com course on affinity photo and have encountered the following bug.

I opened the file as raw and proceeded to make a few contrast/hue type changes. Eventually I clicked on the chromatic aberration box. This seemed to take a while and the CA progress bar was visible.

After doing this any further changes I made were not reflected in the image. I could add/remove vignettes and the images was static.

I would attach the file but it is just over the limit. It is the gates.ARW file in the first section of Steve Caplin's course if you have access to it.

Regards

Colin McGowan

Hi Colin

I've not been able to replicate the issue I'm afraid. Is it just that one image you are having the problem with or is it universal for al RAW images?

If you reset the app by holding ctrl when running it and clearing the options does it behave as expected for you?

Cheers

When you say hold-ctrl is that when starting the app, because that just brings up context menu for me. I tried it on another file and that seemed to be OK. After doing that I went back to the gates.ARW file and now this is OK.

Have had a similar thing on the cmd-space shortcut to zoom in on these files. It seemed to work intermittently and I am not sure what I did (if anything ) that changed the behaviour. In this case pressing  cmd-space didn't change to the zoom cursor and I get the repeated invalid key combo noises. Then after a while I did something and it started working again.

I suspect some of this may be due to me being new and setting something without knowing, hence the tutorial. Will see how the rest of it goes.

I discovered what the behaviour was with 'Zoom not working'. My keyboard action was to hold down the command key first and then spacebar. If I do this, or even hold them down at the same time( as good as), the zoom doesn't work and the computer just beeps a lot.

If I clearly hold down space first then the command key it works.

Is this how it should behave?

Hi Colin, yes it is, if you check out the shortcuts page in the Affinity help files, it shows the key press order.   ⌘+Space is the default OSX shortcut for a Spotlight Search, hence the beeping.