WalterBeiter

photo looses saturation after being copied to an other document

Affinity Designer:

I have some full res photos which I use in a current postcard sized project. 

I need to create a poster and just want to copy everything o a new document. The problem is, however, that the photos loose saturation when being copied to the other document. 

Is there any way to get around this bug? I don't want to start from all over. I noticed this bug in previous versions of affinity designer.

See the screenshots for reference. 

post-966-0-56722800-1460397848_thumb.png

post-966-0-24335400-1460397851_thumb.png

I created a new document and was able to recreate the bug. I noticed this only happens when CMYK is a selected color format. 

Both, the "original" and the "copy" have CMYK and the exact same profile (ISO coated v2). 

I noticed, when you change the color format back to RGB, hit ok, then change it back to CMYK, the saturation will be normal again, like in the "original" file. 

copy.afdesign

original.afdesign

Hi WalterBeiter

This seems to only happen with specific circumstances, an RGB image layer placed into a CMYK document, a new CMYK document is created then them image is cop and pasted into that. I shall get this reported but there are luckily quite a few ways around this.

You can rasterise the image layer before copying and pasting and it would appear fine, you can copy the image then go to New > New from clipboard and it should appear fine or you can convert the images to CMYK first before placing them into the document.

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com