GenoaJenn

Export to PDF does not always work

I’ve only been working with AD for a few days now, but there is something odd happening and I’m not sure why.

I exported an AD file to PDF (fonts converted to curves) and the PDF files did not show up in the folder where I saved them — or anywhere else on my hard drive, for that matter (I used Spotlight to search my storage drive).

In order for me to export to PDF from AD, I had to quit out of all my apps, including AD, and restart Finder (with Total Finder plug-in running).

I tried just quitting the extra background apps and restarting AD, but that didn’t work either. My last solution was to restart my computer, if restarting Finder didn’t fix the glitch.

Please let me know if I have missed an AD preference setting that needs to be updated to continue operating with my workflow.

Thank you.

BACKGROUND:

Three days ago, I was working between four applications: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, AD and Pages.

I had a few other apps running in the background including Quark XPress 10, Suitcase Fusion 5, Apple Mail and Safari. (This is about the normal number of apps I run at any given time, so I hope this “bug” can be found and fixed.)

Apple’s Operating System on my 2009 Mac Pro (2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel) is Mountain Lion (10.8.5), and I have 8 GB of RAM installed with over 790 GB of free storage space available on my main boot hard drive. I have four hard drives installed, three have separate Mac Operating Systems installed to accommodate old and new software applications. At this time, I am saving the AD files to my main boot drive.

(For some unknown reason, I am experiencing "Kernel Panic” errors on my Mavericks OS (separate hard drive) which the Apple Techs cannot figure out, so I’ve had to step back to Mountain Lion for the last 9 months. I hope Yosemite has a fix for it.)

-GenoaJenn

——————————

Jenn in Genoa